Thread: New Cook Inlet king salmon regs in effect today

Default New Cook Inlet king salmon regs in effect today

"Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Not trying to get things stirred up but if the Kings are in trouble just about every where why are they upping the limit?

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Not trying to get things stirred up but if the Kings are in trouble just about every where why are they upping the limit?
    more revenue....It's all about the ol' might dollar. And until that runs out, fishing is open.

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    This is not "upping the limit"... ALL of the area south of the 59' 40' line, where the vast majority of anglers chase winter kings, is a 2 fish area. There is a line that has existed that is (in theory) designated to protect Alaskan "spawner" kings from increased harvest. In the winter, these fish are absent, and the fish being targeted are not of Alaskan spawning stock (years of tag recovery data supports this), there fore there is no reason to maintain this line in the winter fishery. In addition, as written the law actually had a line cross the eastern end of k-bay, and that was of no purpose whatsoever. The line crossed right in an area off the bluffs that holds a lot of fish at times, and knowing if you were on one side or the other when you were trolling was just a PITA, so getting rid of it in the winter is just common sense.
    The line will continue to exist in the spring and summer, when the original intent will still be served.
    Oh, and just for the record, I submitted the proposal to change the line, with the support of the homer AC and the winter king charter fleet.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Where do the winter kings that you catch out of homer spawn at? Where did the tracking information show they come from?

This is a bit of an ignorant statement - but a king is a king is a king and they have to come from somewhere - if we are seeing less and less kings in the south central spawning grounds then where is this surplus of winter king feeders spawning at when they get old enough to spawn - O - that's right they aren't because they are being caught and ate.

They're Canadian
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Default smoke and mirrors

I'm pretty much thinkin if there were just 2 wild king salmon spawners left in existence the Homer chamber of commerce the Homer AC and the winter king charter fleet, in conjunction would project images from outter space on the ash cloud above Mt Spur of kings jumping and frolicking about in K-bay w/ a banner advertising the winter king derby. Muttley would of course somehow get his mug in the mix

And then........

the Bush would scoop them up in his net and sell them to the japanese for couple thou......

-O- My - did I just type that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    And then........

the Bush would scoop them up in his net and sell them to the japanese for couple thou......

-O- My - did I just type that?
    My-O-My Bullelkklr you don't know me very well. I would scoop them up and personally carry them past the dipnet gauntlet, and the guides, and place their eggs gently in the gravel (saving a few hundred or so to give to PWSAC to start a cook inlet king run for the PWS gillnet fleet at Ester hatchery) and carefully fertilize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Where do the winter kings that you catch out of homer spawn at? Where did the tracking information show they come from?

This is a bit of an ignorant statement - but a king is a king is a king and they have to come from somewhere - if we are seeing less and less kings in the south central spawning grounds then where is this surplus of winter king feeders spawning at when they get old enough to spawn - O - that's right they aren't because they are being caught and ate.
    I have heard they are Canadian and Washington fish..................

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    My-O-My Bullelkklr you don't know me very well. I would scoop them up and personally carry them past the dipnet gauntlet, and the guides, and place their eggs gently in the gravel (saving a few hundred or so to give to PWSAC to start a cook inlet king run for the PWS gillnet fleet at Ester hatchery) and carefully fertilize them.
    What do cross bred salmon/humanoids look like?

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    What do cross bred salmon/humanoids look like?
    ******.jpg
    Now shutup and let fullbush fish we need to eat!