Thread: Gas Auger rental?

Default Gas Auger rental?

Is there anyone out there that would loan me there gas auger for this weekend? I can throw a 20$ your way and guarantee its safe return. I have a auger but it no longer works. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great White Hunter View Post
    Is there anyone out there that would loan me there gas auger for this weekend? I can throw a 20$ your way and guarantee its safe return. I have a auger but it no longer works. Thanks guys.
    I would loan you mine for free but i live in fairbanks.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

If you are fishing in the valley go to 3 rivers fly and tackle they rent power augers.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    If you are fishing in the valley go to 3 rivers fly and tackle they rent power augers.
    or you can buy a manual one for pretty cheap. I would lend you mine but it never has ran worth a dang. I always have to run it on 1/2 choke and it only gets half the rpm's it should. when it dies forget about getting it started for 15 min. I've cleaned the jets i've done it all. If you can make it purr like a kitten then pm me and by all means I'll meet you in downtown wasilla auger in hand

I wasn't aware 3 Rivers rented them, but I do know the old United Rentals building (now ARP Rentals I believe) next to Taco Bell in Plamer does too.

I'm with you Fullbush, my auger won't pull the RPM either now. It just started doing this a few weeks ago. I've run the crap out of it for the past five or six years, and it's always run great. I am told I need to purchase a new carburetor, but they are factory backordered until May. Lots of good that does me. Sucks to have to pay for small engine repair that still doesn't work.

I've had to resort to 'poaching' holes with a spud in the late afternoon or evening. And don't get offended at me, i'm not poaching fish, just holes left by folks fishing earlier in the day. If i didn't do that, I'd go crazy in the winter. Still too much time to wait around for the SE steelehad trip in April.

If anyone has a line on a carb, please PM me. Tecumseh, Walboro or Tillotson I am told will all work on my TC300.

Thanks!

An ice auger is one of those things I would never want to borrow from someone...like a chainsaw or any small engine. Likely to die under your care and it will either cost you alot of money or a friendship, depending on which is more important to you.