Thread: DG352 Brown mountain for Goat

Default DG352 Brown mountain for Goat

Did anybody else draw this area. Was wondering if you have checked into transport cost and if you would like to split it. Does anybody have any suggestions or experience on where to hunt in this area?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

I did not draw the tag I'm asking for a friend who did
    Thanks

Most folks who draw that tag fly out of Homer. I recommend Northwind aviation. Most people who hunt goats down here use him and he has a couple planes depending on how gear you take. Plan on $650-800 for the flight depending on the cost of fuel this year and which plane you use. Make sure to take bear tags with you.

@ itchibon69:
    I drew DG352 (Brown Mt, Mtn Goat) as well and was hoping to find the same. Send an email to me @ freightdog2009@gmail.com with your phone number and best time to call. I live in Palmer.

P9280024.jpg
    Weather as always is the biggest factor. Goats to be had, but you have to work for the big ones. You can boat to it, or fly to it. Wheels and Float plane accessible.
    Last edited by polardds; 03-08-2011 at 10:48. Reason: trying to add a pic

Thanks everyone my friend just signed up to the forum and has gotten your replies.
    Thanks for the info. Looks like a good hunt. Thought about going with him but am going to try and get a sheep hunt in.

I'll toss out another vote to fly with Jose at Northwind Aviation. I really enjoyed that hunt when I drew it a few years ago. It was a tough slog up through the alders but once above the alders it was great. Really huntable terrain. Saw some very nice goats including one old grandfather billy who had a very commanding perch on top of a mountain. Bring a good tent and rain gear. We weathered an impressive storm one night. Bring some black bear tags, we saw lots of sign and a few bears too.