Thread: Looking for information on a homestead/air strip in Rainy Pass

Default Looking for information on a homestead/air strip in Rainy Pass

Last I knew there was a Cub strip out in Rainy Pass near Johnson Creek and Red Creek. Should be a cabin or 2 out there. heard it may have been turned into a hunting lodge. anyone have any information about it or the area? Wondering if its still Cub accessible.

Thanks

Rainy pass lodge?

http://www.theperrinsrainypasslodge.com/

I'd call/email first.

There are a couple of strips out there. There has also been a lot of activity by Kiska materials begining before Breakup. It depends on what you're refering to as a Cub strip. Typically, if there's cabins. It would be good to do a little research and request permision ahead of time. Things have definately changed out that way.

The only strip I know of on Red Creek is the one down by the mouth on the south side right before it dumps into Johnson Creek. I know who owns it, but don't know him personally. There is also a strip to the northeast by about 2 miles on the north side of Johnson Creek. This strip is much bigger and has a bigger cabin on it as well as several well established trails leading to it. Both strips are (mostly) on private land.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

AkDoug: Any chance you can email me at irish_inc@live.com ? I wanted to ask you a couple questions about out there. I would really appreciate it. Trying to get out and see where I was born.

If I remember right there is a strip on Dalzell Creek in the pass itself. Not sure whos it is but it looked like someone was using it last sheep/moose season for their base camp.

This one should be real close to Johnson and Red Creek.
    My parents homesteaded out there back in the 80's and thats where I was born. Just trying to get some info on the area and go out and see it. I have very vague memories of it.

When are we going? I still have some time to break in the new cylinder.

I'm up for a fly anytime. Want some free fuel? Lets go! I'm off work after today.

I can't email from this computer, but I did a bit of surveying work out in that country back in 1986. I worked on a couple remote parcel jobs on Karen Lake and Paradise Lake. Both within a few miles of where you were from. In the late 90's we had to land a cub on the strip at the end of Red Creek and Johnson Creek due to weather. That strip is owned by Wayne Fioria. He's been out there for quite a while so he very well may have known your family.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem