Thread: Shiping live ammo the lower 48

Default Shiping live ammo the lower 48

I have some .32 RF ammo I would like to sell. Would it be possible to ship it to a buyer outside? I know it would be UPS or Fed-Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by jim in anchorage View Post
    I have some .32 RF ammo I would like to sell. Would it be possible to ship it to a buyer outside? I know it would be UPS or Fed-Ex.
    Fed Ex/USPS do not ship ammo period. UPS ships it, but only if you a) Have a private contract with them, or b) You get HazMat certified yourself. The reason for this is because it has to go on a plane. In the lower 48 you can ship via UPS, but it has to go ground, with the ORM-D designation.

Using a freight forwarder (Like Lynden) is really the only practical way to ship live ammo if you don't meet the criteria above. However, this is VERY expensive. The minimum charge is $500+, regardless of how much ammo you are sending.

Quote Originally Posted by dammdoggs View Post
    Using a freight forwarder (Like Lynden) is really the only practical way to ship live ammo if you don't meet the criteria above. However, this is VERY expensive. The minimum charge is $500+, regardless of how much ammo you are sending.
    Is that just ammo, are you sure of this? When I was shipping up powder and primers the haz-mat charge for them was around $100 and that was up to like 150lbs product weight not counting the packaging weight. Never tried ammo but it has a lesser haz-mat class than primers and powder.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

This was according to Robin at the front desk at Lynden. I was also told this by UPS, but dropped by Lynden to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Is that just ammo, are you sure of this? When I was shipping up powder and primers the haz-mat charge for them was around $100 and that was up to like 150lbs product weight not counting the packaging weight. Never tried ammo but it has a lesser haz-mat class than primers and powder.