Thread: Inflatable Snowshoe /Survival Gear

Default Inflatable Snowshoe /Survival Gear

A good family friend invented these years ago, and is soon going to begin marketing them. I was wondering what you guys thought of them as a survival tool as well as a recreational use. They are an inflatable snowshoe that weighs very little. They pack up nicely, and come with a manual air pump that can also use a little CO2 container to fill them up.

I have personally worn them and was actually amazed at how effective they are. And they are super tough, my 140# dog could not pop the material biting on it no matter how hard he tried.

Anyways, I was just looking for feedback/opinions on them.

Thanks

http://www.airlitesnowshoe.com/Home.php

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post
    A good family friend invented these years ago, and is soon going to begin marketing them. I was wondering what you guys thought of them as a survival tool as well as a recreational use. They are an inflatable snowshoe that weighs very little. They pack up nicely, and come with a manual air pump that can also use a little CO2 container to fill them up.

I have personally worn them and was actually amazed at how effective they are. And they are super tough, my 140# dog could not pop the material biting on it no matter how hard he tried.

Anyways, I was just looking for feedback/opinions on them.

Thanks

http://www.airlitesnowshoe.com/Home.php
    Are you going to cross post on every forum on here and eventually the world?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I just wanted to get it on the couple forums where it applied. I wasn't sure how active some of the forums are. Sorry to offend.

Although I will admit the topic in the snowmachining forum was probably out of place, I dont see how posting it in the Snow shoeing forum and outdoor/survival gear forums are too much. I just wanted a broader audience cause I would like feed back.

When I hit "New Posts" it was all you! That is what most people do, no need to cross post.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I didn't know you could even do that. As i said, my apologies.

However, do you have any opinions/feedback on them? Your avatar suggests you are a snowmobiler, and these are the type of people who they are meant to appeal to.

I found it huorous that the links shows a RMK 700 for the failed machine. It is in my "most likely to leave you stranded" vote for the month. I saw one melt a piston over Valentines. He said it was the third one in his machine. Where I ride, they wouldn't be useless, but most of the time they would not be needed.
    Bill Hicks

I think that's kind of the idea of them. They are there if you need em and they take up minimal space and weigh very little. Thanks for your input though.

And about the 700rmk, me and him each have him, mine is '98, his a '99, and neither has ever had any problems good luck I guess....

Let's keep this one focused on the duplicate thread in the gear forum. Thanks.