Thread: Dm331

Default Dm331

If you drew this tag and want to compare notes, pm me.

Really, 40 people have checked this thread and no pm's. Hmmmm, well, I'll be the guy driving a Ranger 6X6 heading out of Eureka sometime between or multiple times, June 1 and Sept 20 with a sign that says, "DM331 or Bust."

Have you ever crossed the Black River with your Ranger? It can be pretty dangerous depending on water levels. I wouldn't cross it with my Swamp buggy on several different occasions, and I have 42" tires. Good luck and be safe.

I like how you posted, at least you aren't some tard asking for free info.

Quote Originally Posted by BAR300 View Post
    I like how you posted, at least you aren't some tard asking for free info.
    I'm a tard and would like some free info...

BAR300 blew my cover. We're all tards till you have the boy scout badge to prove you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    Have you ever crossed the Black River with your Ranger? It can be pretty dangerous depending on water levels. I wouldn't cross it with my Swamp buggy on several different occasions, and I have 42" tires. Good luck and be safe.
    Thanks Supercub. I've heard the same, and even if you get across doesn't mean that 3 days of rain while in camp won't swell the river to uncrossable stage. Definitely some challenges, but that's what it's all about. The other 49 tag holders must be flying in, using a transporter or have big rigs like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    Thanks Supercub. I've heard the same, and even if you get across doesn't mean that 3 days of rain while in camp won't swell the river to uncrossable stage. Definitely some challenges, but that's what it's all about. The other 49 tag holders must be flying in, using a transporter or have big rigs like yours.
    Or they didn't look at a Map before they put in for that hunt! (grin) If I remember correctly, it's about 60 trail miles JUST to get to the hunt area.

Or they didn't look at a Map before they put in for that hunt! (grin) If I remember correctly, it's about 60 trail miles JUST to get to the hunt area.
    Yep, I did look at the map and I have covered about 30 of those miles first hand. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the trail this summer.

Wasn't talking about you..... You sound Legit.

No worries. I try not to take myself or these forums to seriously. If I had my choice I'd be on some kind of vehicle right now figuring it out but chatting it up on the forums is what we all do when we aren't in the field.

I was also trying to get one of the tags in Unit 13, but no success. Here is are some good photos of the local area, hopefully it will help some.
    http://www.realcruiser.com/ak2007/index.html

http://www.realcruiser.com/act2001/act2001.html

Good Luck
    Vadim

Quote Originally Posted by vadimb View Post
    I was also trying to get one of the tags in Unit 13, but no success. Here is are some good photos of the local area, hopefully it will help some.
    http://www.realcruiser.com/ak2007/index.html

http://www.realcruiser.com/act2001/act2001.html

Good Luck
    Vadim

Awesome photos!!! Some pretty familiar country there. You were actually parked in one of my old Campsites at one point!! Haha

thanks for the pics...

Awesome photos!!! Some pretty familiar country there. You were actually parked in one of my old Campsites at one point!! Haha

thanks for the pics...
    Sorry for the confusion, those are not my photos, but good photos nevertheless.

Checked out the website last night and the trip to the Black River was pretty epic. Can't wait to make a go of it myself. Thanks for the pics.

That's one way to look at it or you can figure that all gmu's are huntable and decide how you're going to do it after you get it. I suppose this might not work if you're stupid or something but all the research in the world won't cure that.

Let's see, research 12 units in hope of winning one and forgeting all about the other 11, or win one and figure out how you're going to hunt it. Research before before applying for a small chance at wining something or in the half year after you have been drawn. Either way, if you have any general knowledge of hunting AK, it gets you out in it and that's what it's all about. Tards need to hunt too, after all.

Good luck to all this season.
    If anything is going to happen, it'll happen out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mmusashi2k View Post
    That's one way to look at it or you can figure that all gmu's are huntable and decide how you're going to do it after you get it. I suppose this might not work if you're stupid or something but all the research in the world won't cure that.

Let's see, research 12 units in hope of winning one and forgeting all about the other 11, or win one and figure out how you're going to hunt it. Research before before applying for a small chance at wining something or in the half year after you have been drawn. Either way, if you have any general knowledge of hunting AK, it gets you out in it and that's what it's all about. Tards need to hunt too, after all.

Good luck to all this season.
    All hunts ARE doable.. Some just require alot more Time and Money than alot of folks realize or have. A little homework before applying goes a long way. Not saying you have to be an expert on the area first. For instance, Don't apply for a Nunivak Musk-Ox unless you have about $6000 burning a hole in your pocket... Just basic stuff a guy should know before applying... Just sayin.

And I will help people,if they seem sincere, and knew what they were getting into when applying.

Good Luck.

All hunts ARE doable.. Some just require alot more Time and Money than alot of folks realize or have. A little homework before applying goes a long way. Not saying you have to be an expert on the area first. For instance, Don't apply for a Nunivak Musk-Ox unless you have about $6000 burning a hole in your pocket... Just basic stuff a guy should know before applying... Just sayin.

And I will help people,if they seem sincere, and knew what they were getting into when applying.

Good Luck.
    Then I suppose what you're saying is that if someone is willing to invest the time and money then this is not even an issue. They just need to seem sincere. I guess since this is essentially a written forum and every person has their own style of writing that must add a certain level of difficulty to determining there sincerity, but ok....just sayin.

Good Luck.
    If anything is going to happen, it'll happen out there.

MMushi, Some things even Time and Money can't fix.....

1S1K, PM inbound....