Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 bearcat xt

Default 2010 bearcat xt

interested in information on new model bearcat xt 570 fan or z1 would use it for towing heavy sleighs and ice fishing, reliability issues top speeds and all good or bad pionts from some current owners,thanks.

I have a 2011 570 XT. Love it so far it hauls a good load and will do 65 or so.

What would you like to know? I have a 2010 Bearcat 570 XT and have hauled a little over 1000 lbs up and down hills without issue, (groomed trails, studs on the track). There is a factory recall on a bunch of Arctic Cat machines, Recall Link. There is a bolt on fix that takes minutes to install. Iíve been told the 4-cycle Bearcat gets better gas mileage, but donít know that for a fact.
    Never had my machine over 30 mph so I canít talk about the top end.
    But for hauling supplies and stuff its done me well. I like it.

We have a 2009 Bearcat 570 XT and so far we like it. We have not done any heavy hauling so can not comment on that. On a run from Eureka to lake lousie we got 12.5 MPG. The 660 Bearcat that we had at the time got 21 MPG on the same trip. On a recent run on the Denail we got 11.5 but I ran it a little hard coming back (45-50mph). On that run it handled the Denali just fine. I have not had it in deep snow so on comment there.
    Like I was told one time, get out and run the hell out of it.

a friend of mine has a 570 XT also and hauls 6-plastic 55 gallon drums at a time with diesel which hold between 55-60 gals each, so thats between 2300 and 2500 lbs.

I have a 4 stroke beercat that is an 07 and have had 5000 to 6000 lbs behind it and the only problem we had was to get the whole lot of it moving. Also with the 4 stroke the gas milege is probably better than my diesel pickup. Best sled I have ever had for hauling. By the way still going strong with no problems after 8000 miles.

I have a 2010 Bearcat XT and it is an awesome machine. Stable and yet easy to steer. I guess you can get them stuck but you'd sure have to try. I also have a T570 with 8" skis and extra lug length but that additional 5" of track width on that BC makes all the difference in the world. I haven't hauled anything with mine, but I have had it in fairly deep powder riding and it is fun. It's not a speed demon but all around fun, safe, reliable machine. Doesn't start with electric start below 0.

Quote Originally Posted by akriverunner View Post
    a friend of mine has a 570 XT also and hauls 6-plastic 55 gallon drums at a time with diesel which hold between 55-60 gals each, so thats between 2300 and 2500 lbs.
    WOW! - What kind of freight sled does he haul them with? I limit myself to two 55 gallon drums just because I'm by myself and hate the idea of offloading/onloading drums to get up a hill. Would love to see a picture of his sled.

Just finished a 260 mile trip with my new 2010. Pulled a 92 jag longtrack into a cabin for 55 miles. Broke some trails. ran into some trees so far a good product. The rack shook apart, have it welded. Not a fan of the way the cowl works. Get all the snow screens! I can't, understand, why they don't come with them? Get tall W/S. If your worried about speed get something else! This is not machine that has anything to do with "go fast". This is a work horse also have access to an 09, that has not got the pep or power of the 10.
    Tim

He has two wood sled that are made from 4x6 for the runners and 2x6 connecting the 4x6 placed to hold the drums from moving front to back. He pulls two sleds at a time with three drums on each.

Quote Originally Posted by akriverunner View Post
    He has two wood sled that are made from 4x6 for the runners and 2x6 connecting the 4x6 placed to hold the drums from moving front to back. He pulls two sleds at a time with three drums on each.
    With my carpentry skills Iíd get about 6 feet before everything fell apart!

Can someone give a good descriptive difference between the 4 stroke 120 HP, Bear cat and the 2 stroke 70 HP? I have been considering purchase of one of these sleds to haul materials into my cabin, but i know so little about the new 4 strokes i am Leary of taking that plunge.

The four-stroke will dominate in every way. They are both so heavy that you aren't going to lift them out anyway, so the extra pounds of the four stroke is worth it.

Bad news on the screens if you have a 570 mit. You can't put them in because they interfere with the cooling on the fan cooled 570, according to my local dealer. To me, that is the biggest downfall of the 570. I had to stop and let it thaw it's air intake a couple times in a day of riding in the powder.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I have a 2010 Bearcat 570XT. They are heavy, no fun trying to move in deep snow, and they can get stuck.

There is an issue with the starter, of the 5 bearcats I ride with, all of them have had starter problems also.

There is a problem with how the starter engages the ring gear, mine has been replaced on warrenty,($1,200 otherwise), and the new ring gear is getting chewed up. Bearcat owners should be sure to get this changed before the warrenty runs out, hopefully AC will come up with a fix. I would be interested if there are any Bearcat owners that do not have starter issues. Have a look at the starter side of the ring gear and see if you are missing chunks. It appears the starter is slow to engage, therefore it is running at full speed when the pinion gear contacts the ring gear. Instead of a smooth engagement, it works like a Dremel tool. Mine misengaged at 15 above and bent the starter shaft. Once everything is warm, the starter works, but anything colder than 10 above is a problem. Maybe this isn't an issue at Thief River Falls MN.

Cowling is fragile, side snow screens pop out at the first hint of snow.

Over all, its a good machine if you're looking to buy a snow tractor.

Have you had any difficulties with the cold starting of the new 4 strokes? it has been very cold this year, do they come with a block heater or other means to preheat them? What kind of issues are there when they are tipped over, having an oil pan? and one more questions i guess for those that have both, is there a noticeable difference in fuel economy?

Thanks

I just bought a 2010 XT and agree with the starter issue. Won't engage under 5 above and the cowling is fragile, mine cracked in the cold and it wasn't from hitting anything. It does haul great. Couple weeks ago, I pulled 1500 lbs across Lake Louise and didn't even realize I went thru a bunch of overflow until I made a return trip and saw my track. Comfy ride and don't even realize you have a passenger. But I have to admit, I miss my crotch rocket. A guy almost needs two machines.

The most important thing for me is, my wife loves to ride her 2010 Bearcat XT.

Amen AKJEFF

I read that they weigh 648 pounds dry..... way too heavy to get unstuck. I'll stick to my Tundras.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

...and with 17 gallons of gas, it's over 750 pounds. Arctic Cat seems to omit this in all their spec sheets. They're great until you gottem' stuck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast