Thread: Unit 22 Musk Ox..................still time this winter

Default Unit 22 Musk Ox..................still time this winter

There are 2 areas around Nome still open for registration hunts. Also 22E around Shishmaref. Services available in both Nome and Shish. The guide who operates out of Shish is in Shish at this time. He will do reg. hunt hunters.
    Season closes Mar. 15 unless quotas are met sooner. All 3 areas have had little harvest by reg. hunters and are likely to stay open.
    Mar 12 starts Iditarod madness in Nome. Busy town and hotels, B&Bs are full. Some flights in and out of Nome may also be full.
    A draw permit holder went up to Teller yesterday and was successful on a one day hunt. With good weather, opportunities exist for that to be repaeated.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Hey Martentrapper: I know Brian from the past and would like to contact him asap. called him his fairbanks number but wondering if you have any contact numbers for him in Shish? thanks

He should be returning to Fbks in a week or so. His partner in Shish is Cliff Weyiouana.

Just returned from Shish hunting with Brianand Clifford got a great musk ox...

Congratulations on the muskox! Brian sent me a picture of someone with a muskox from last week that probably looks just like you . . . really cool looking beast. (the muskox, that is.)

I'm looking forward to hunting up there next season.

Super weather the last few days up here on the Sew. Pen. Still 2 areas open easily reached from Nome. Some of these hunts will close with Ox left in the quota. 2 areas have cow seasons still open. Another area east of Nome has trees that hunters can camp in.