Thread: Looking to Fly

Default Looking to Fly

Hey gang, enjoyed reading your posts. I've been wanting to fly for several years now. Mustang Air is just over the Hwy from me. Can anyone PM me with pros vs. cons to heading over to Mustang Air for flight instruction? Anybody have firsthand knowledge of their operation over there?
    Thank you in advance.
    Johnny

Mr. Bill Billingsly helped teach me tail wheel flying and I think he is associated with Mustang Air, although I am not sure. Bill is very knowledgeable and one of the better instructors I have had. He didn't seem to be an instructor looking to just build hours for his next career. I don't know anyone else involved with Mustang, but you may want to try him.

Default Thanks

Thanks. A name always helps. I'll look for that name in a coupla months when I head on over there.
    Johnny

Cool Some Contact

I am in your same position looking at getting my license.
    I contacted Mustang and got a prompt response from a Gary Baker and an invite to stop by and check the place out.
    I am currenty studying for the written and thank god I have had some down time here in the winter so I can have the basics once I start to fly as lots to remember and sink in.
    Good Luck
    Bob

Thumbs up Mustang Air

Gents, I have flown with Gary to get my tail wheel endorsement. He is a top notch instructor, very low key. Mustang is Gary’s business and he is not just a guy building flight time. I will tell you that he is a bit of a P-51 fan (but who isn’t). I intend to go back to him for my bi-annuals etc… Just my $0.02

Drew