Thread: Lowa Baffin Pro vs Lowa Tibet Pro GTX

Default Lowa Baffin Pro vs Lowa Tibet Pro GTX

Hello All-

I have tried on Lowa's on and they fit well. I know that the biggest difference between the Tibet's and Baffin's is the leather lining vs Gortex lining.

I have thought about going with the Baffin's and just waterproofing the leather to keep the leather lining over the gortex lining to help reduce the sweaty feet.

Just wondering if anyone recommends the Baffin's over the Tibets?

(I have rulled out the hunters because of the insulation)

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

I am pretty sure they are the same boot except for the interior lining difference so they should fit and wear the same.

The Baffin is now as widely sold in AK - the only place I think I remember seeing it was at Beaver Sports in Fairbanks. The Tibet can be found in a number of places.

I have worn the Lowa Tibet in AK as my everyday shoe and for wildland firefighting. My feet sweat a lot so I am not sure how much benefit I get from GTX in the summer months. When it is colder, the benefit of the GTX is obvious to me especially out in the wet tundra in fall or muddy break-up in spring. As much as you can treat the leather, I think it would be hard to get a boot like the Baffin as waterproof as the Tibet. I treat my boots with Obenaufs and tramping around in the wet tundra all day soaks the leather regardless of how well it is waterproofed. The GTX liner is all that keeps my feet dry after that.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtpig67 View Post
    I am pretty sure they are the same boot except for the interior lining difference so they should fit and wear the same.

The Baffin is now as widely sold in AK - the only place I think I remember seeing it was at Beaver Sports in Fairbanks. The Tibet can be found in a number of places.

I have worn the Lowa Tibet in AK as my everyday shoe and for wildland firefighting. My feet sweat a lot so I am not sure how much benefit I get from GTX in the summer months. When it is colder, the benefit of the GTX is obvious to me especially out in the wet tundra in fall or muddy break-up in spring. As much as you can treat the leather, I think it would be hard to get a boot like the Baffin as waterproof as the Tibet. I treat my boots with Obenaufs and tramping around in the wet tundra all day soaks the leather regardless of how well it is waterproofed. The GTX liner is all that keeps my feet dry after that.
    Thanks!!! I guess that I needed someone to help validate the need for the GTX.

Kevin