Thread: Number of drawing permits issued....?

Default Number of drawing permits issued....?

I was kinda bummed that neither my daughter or I were drawn for any tags for the third year in a row. I saw that they had a list of applicants on the website and attempted to look up our names to see if I had done something wrong in the application process. At first it would only let me download 1/2 of the entries due to an Excel issue. So I converted the file to a NotePad file and copied that to an Excel file. What was really cool was that it put the drawing permits in alphebetical order, showing the year, hunt number, then all the no or yes, then names. I noticed that the winners seemed to be less than what was advertised on the 2011-2012 Alaska Drawing Permit supp. Here's what I found:

DM768- supp says 55 permits issued, only 29 permits winners
    DM769- supp says 315 permits issued, only 124 winners
    DM770- supp says 85 permits issued, only 39 winners
    DM771- supp says 100 permits issued, only 9 winners
    DM772- supp says 300 permits issued, only 98 winners
    DM773- supp says 60 permits issued, only 17 winners
    DM774- supp says 85 permits issued, only 33 winners

What gives? I believe that the total number of applicants should be correct because it showed 65,536 tag apps. Could someone please explain this to me? I didn't check any more cause it's late. Thats 652 tags not issued in just 7 areas. How many more would it be if all the areas were added up? Thanks, John

If that is accurate, then fraudulent statements were made to induce or persuade. By the State, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AKdutch View Post
    I was kinda bummed that neither my daughter or I were drawn for any tags for the third year in a row. I saw that they had a list of applicants on the website and attempted to look up our names to see if I had done something wrong in the application process. At first it would only let me download 1/2 of the entries due to an Excel issue. So I converted the file to a NotePad file and copied that to an Excel file. What was really cool was that it put the drawing permits in alphebetical order, showing the year, hunt number, then all the no or yes, then names. I noticed that the winners seemed to be less than what was advertised on the 2011-2012 Alaska Drawing Permit supp. Here's what I found:

DM768- supp says 55 permits issued, only 29 permits winners
    DM769- supp says 315 permits issued, only 124 winners
    DM770- supp says 85 permits issued, only 39 winners
    DM771- supp says 100 permits issued, only 9 winners
    DM772- supp says 300 permits issued, only 98 winners
    DM773- supp says 60 permits issued, only 17 winners
    DM774- supp says 85 permits issued, only 33 winners

What gives? I believe that the total number of applicants should be correct because it showed 65,536 tag apps. Could someone please explain this to me? I didn't check any more cause it's late. Thats 652 tags not issued in just 7 areas. How many more would it be if all the areas were added up? Thanks, John

I think you might have done something wrong... ......................................Excel shows
    DM768- supp says 55 permits issued, only 29 permits winners .................. 65
    DM769- supp says 315 permits issued, only 124 winners........................... 275
    DM770- supp says 85 permits issued, only 39 winners ..............................75
    DM771- supp says 100 permits issued, only 9 winners ............................. 20
    DM772- supp says 300 permits issued, only 98 winners ........................... 205
    DM773- supp says 60 permits issued, only 17 winners ............................. 40
    DM774- supp says 85 permits issued, only 33 winners ..............................70

(my count using the filtering tool in excel is shown in red)

Still doesn't mesh with what was slated to be given out in the supplement. That said I assume the supplement is a "guide" more than a staunch rule since many (most?) of the moose surveys can't be completed until after it is written.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    If that is accurate, then fraudulent statements were made to induce or persuade. By the State, interesting.

Hogwash.... Page 1 of the regs under the header "Read this BEFORE applying" the first bullet point is as follows:

* The number of permits actually issued may be adjusted up or down depending on the outcome of the most recent population surveys. Many of these surveys are not completed until after the publication of this supplement.

The second bullet point:

* The number of permits may also be adjusted due to administrative reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    The second bullet point:

* The number of permits may also be adjusted due to administrative reasons.

What is an example of some: Administrative Reasons........???

I'm not whining about it, I was just hoping for an explanation of why it didn't match up. Just curious if your total number of permits applied for was the same as mine. All I did was copy and paste it into the excel from the original zip file they show on ADF&G.

My only have a winners list which shows 8235 total winners.

Just noticed that one of my draw areas went from 55 permits to 20. Pretty drastic adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    What is an example of some: Administrative Reasons........???
    Changes in law by board of game. Changes in law due to legal challenge in the court. Bribery of public officials.