Thread: October Raspberry Island Elk Permit (DE704)

Default October Raspberry Island Elk Permit (DE704)

I drew an elk permit (DE704) for Raspberry Island and was wondering if anyone has done this hunt or has any useful information they could pass along. Also looking for anyone who might be doing this hunt this year that might want to partner up.

Thanks

Scott

I have done that hunt a few times. LOTS of bears. If you kill an elk hang it high in a tree away from camp!!! Unless you have a mobility ie boat, your best bet will be to camp at the head of Onion Bay set up base camp and hunt from there. there are a couple of valleys near there with great views. The Elk heard is always on the move you can go days with out seeing them and then all of the sudden the whole heard comes running by.

Thanks for the info. Both great stories and tons of lessons learned! Hopefully I can return with similar success stories.

hamiltonr, PM me if you have any more questions on that area, would love to pass on what I found there.

It's a great hunt, great area, "You Are Gonna Have A Blast"
    Beautiful animals, and Tasting SOOOO Good

Congratulations by the way, on winning a 2% chance of success drawing... Wahoo,
    It'll be the hunt of a lifetime for ya

You can outwit the Bears too I'm convinced of it, takes a good plan tho
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably contact you a little closer to time.

Thanks

Scott

I also drew the spring bear tag for the same place. This hunt will give me a good idea of the lay of the land before I go on that hunt! Any advice on that front?

-edit- Nevermind...didnt see the "Spring" part, if it was a fall bear tag now that would be a cool hunt all at once!