Thread: how did folks do on flathorn today = wind blown

Default how did folks do on flathorn today = wind blown

30mph wind gust and we stuck it out all day for nothing is the bite over due to oxgyen levels or i dont know what we got not a one tipup to fly did anbody catch anything im just courious

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Brown View Post
    30mph wind gust and we stuck it out all day for nothing is the bite over due to oxgyen levels or i dont know what we got not a one tipup to fly did anbody catch anything im just courious
    I haven't been out there since I heard your last report, but I suppose with fellas like *unnamed* posting directions to everywhere in gods green earth I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure has been insane. I went to the other pt. mack pike lake a couple times after he posted directions out there and it was madness. More people than I have ever seen in my life.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

im still waiting on your email pike palace

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    I haven't been out there since I heard your last report, but I suppose with fellas like *unnamed* posting directions to everywhere in gods green earth I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure has been insane. I went to the other pt. mack pike lake a couple times after he posted directions out there and it was madness. More people than I have ever seen in my life.
    Imagine it when they put the bridge in. Something tells me the pt mac gen stores derby will be the biggest pike derby in the world

the guy at the store told me a dude cought 30 just the other day 28s 24s and hammers but i dont know.......

I wouldn't care if they paved a road out to those lakes. Some of us spend the winter fishing lakes with no name.....
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanassasin View Post
    I wouldn't care if they paved a road out to those lakes. Some of us spend the winter fishing lakes with no name.....
    How do you get there alaskanassasin?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Brown View Post
    im still waiting on your email pike palace
    I will get that to you tonight. Sorry about that. Not trying to rip you off just been busy.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Simple to say, harder to do. Using the GPS grids off the Alaska Gazetteer, enter those numbers into you GPS from a body of water connected to river containing the fish your going after and go explore. You can't be afraid to scratch your cowling and I recomend bringing chainsaws, rope, shovel and overnight gear. Often you drill to dirt, but sometimes its PAYDIRT! Winter is the only time you can access these lakes unless you own a helecopter on floats so take advantage!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

I would MUCH rather you post all directions on here so me and all my buddies can go to your spots and catch fish...joking of coarse I do much the same as you when it comes to finding new places..

Default 16 more Pike

photo (2).JPG

seems that too many people lately want GPS coordinates these days to spots.. or specific directions on how to get to certain lakes.... I Took the kids and wife out weekend before last on the snowmachines, and 1 Atv to carry the gas auger and poles.. sort of close to flathorne lake.. but this lake didnt have a name. Had a drainage that looked to flow into the sue.. so I figured if their are pike in the sue and in flathorne.. and several other close by lakes.. this one may too.. Looked as if no one had fished it all winter.. we were the only ones out their on a sunday afternoon. after drilling 5 holes.. (1 for each of us) we pulled 16 pike out in 3 hours of fishing.. all between 11 am and 2 pm.. missed about that many also, lost several more, lost a rod down the hole not once, but twice.. so could have easily took home 30-40 in a solid day of fishing.. No tip ups were used.. just herring on a hook, attached to our jiggle sticks.. LOL>. sizes were 24" on the smallest and 29" on the largest.. if this wind would die down I would be out their tonight.. Fillet and soaked in some salt water overnight, beer batter and deep fried 6 fillets that night and pickled the rest.. Yumm

Hoytguy

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    I would MUCH rather you post all directions on here so me and all my buddies can go to your spots and catch fish...joking of coarse I do much the same as you when it comes to finding new places..
    Here is a sure spot..go out on Point mckenzie road.. mile 11.93 exactly, park on the east side of road facing traffic.. walk 6.24 miles east on a 269 degree magnetic azimuth..and start drilling a hole.. LOL.. Couldn't resist..

Is Flathorn a secret??? I don't even live in the ANC area and I know about it...It seems to me that this is almost like trying to keep Big Lake a secret...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    Is Flathorn a secret??? I don't even live in the ANC area and I know about it...It seems to me that this is almost like trying to keep Big Lake a secret...
    thats funny its not worth keeping secret im trying to fing others skunkhorn has to many holes in it