Thread: ATV and Bears

Default ATV and Bears

Am wondering if there is a location near Talkeetna or towards Glenallen that a person can do some wheeling and have the potential for a spot and stalk Brown bear or Black Bears.

Peterville Road....take a right at the roadhouse or cross the bridge. Way to many trails to count. Plenty of bears
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Are there brown bears as well or mostly black.

Both. Lots of baiters too......
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I would suggestwalking most of the way, means how, last yar out by our house, we saw 7 bears in one day, most days we saw 3 (all but 3 were grizzlies) and me and pa walked most every day, bein real stealth like, I only saw one on a wheeler. But, its realy dense country, all the bears were with in 25 yards. dad even had a few encounter when he could tap the grizzly on the nose with is 44 mag (AND he didn't pee his pants, whice is more than I can say...but I got "used to it" about 2 weeks into season)

we are looking for a place to hopefully ride back into then get off the wheelers and do some spot and stalk hunting and maybe even try a predator call. He is a pretty outgoing kid and is willing to hike.