Thread: Did F&G screw up?

Default Did F&G screw up?

I was just looking at my permit and who else won the same permit. I won one of the antlerless moose around fairbanks. There was supposed to only be 9 winners and they gave away 19 permits. so I started digging a little more and found more around fairbanks that we awarded more. some called for only 24 permits a and 54 were awarded, most of the ones that called for 9 ended up being awarded 19.

do anyone have any info on this or did they screw up, and if they did I wonder what will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by mallardman View Post
    I was just looking at my permit and who else won the same permit. I won one of the antlerless moose around fairbanks. There was supposed to only be 9 winners and they gave away 19 permits. so I started digging a little more and found more around fairbanks that we awarded more. some called for only 24 permits a and 54 were awarded, most of the ones that called for 9 ended up being awarded 19.

do anyone have any info on this or did they screw up, and if they did I wonder what will happen?
    It's not uncommon for them to award a different number than what was originally advertised. Usually, this is a result of getting more recent information on animal counts and what they want for a target harvest quota. Can't say for sure in the case of those specific hunts, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reasoning.