Thread: skin & gut in 2.5 minutes

Default skin & gut in 2.5 minutes

watch this video.....it's really fast.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2011/02/how-fast-can-you-gut-and-skin-deer

these guys may be even faster in the dark....
    happy trails.
    jh

Man, I can't do a rabbit that fast. I'd like to see him do it again w/ the camera catching a bit more. That saw was amazing. I realize we are talking an animal smaller than a caribou, but I sure as heck have never seen a saw go through bone that fast. WOW.
    ARR

If he can do that on a 7 year old Bull Moose, he'd be my hero.

On a 7 year old Bull moose I'd give him 3 times that much time and he'd still by my hero. Heck, I'd burn incense for him.

I'd give him 3 times that long on a yearling moose... That was impressive. I am guessing he got that fast by necessity in the....uhh...Off season

that was pretty darn impressive!! Would sure like to get some more info on the knife and saw used!

Amazing! Thankyou for posting!

Great video, realy fast work. I have seen some oldtime Lapp reindeer herders here in Finland doing allmost as quick work using only leuku knife in their round-up`s. I guess that very cold climate and practise ( some have 50 years and thousands of animals experience) makes them very good with knife.

Cool. The guy's obviously thought the process though, eh?
    Thanks.

very impressive!! now that's what I call blue collar entertainment!!! (pun intended) Bring the whole family out to cheer on Stevie!!! Definitly southern boys!!
    just wondering when he cuts and pulls the groin flap up and over the tail, how he misses cutting the urinary tract(urethra) and pee goes all over the place???? must be so fast that by the time the pee starts flowing he has the hide and everything off.

I'm not sure how I'd get a moose lifted up like that in the field, or a caribou up north. The guy cut through those bones faster than I do w/ a chainsaw. I thought the saw was better than the knife.
    I talked w/ several guys at the gun show today about the video and they acted like it was common place. Might be common on some areas, I doubt many guys can do it in 1/2 the time.
    Ok, I'll give him 15 minutes on the moose and he gets to keep the cape and mask.
    ARR

The tools being used are just your comon boning knife and butchers saw. Growing up in GA, my dads best friend owned, and still does, a deer processing shop. I started working there at the age of 12 when he first opened. From the middle of Aug to the end of Jan every year he would take in a few thousand deer. Well, between 4 of us we use to have a running competition to see who could skin/gut the most deer in 30 mins, my best after working for him for 7 yrs was still only 9, a buddy of mine could do 11. Now with that said we did end up with a few cut fingers. Anyone could skin a deer this fast if it was still warm and you had the experiance. Those were the good old days, now with the size of moose and no way to get them up in the air and a tweeked back I think to my self why get in a hurry, if I wait long enough someone will come looking for me and then I can use them to help pack out.

That is defintely impressive.
    Thanks

remind me not to piss that man off.

Might be fast, but its a terrible thing to do to a great hide, leaving all that crap on it and not on the carcass......as well as the damage done to edible innards. What a waste.

Its better to take yer time and do it right. Quick and Dirty is a good description here......and sometimes has its place.

Reindeer herders would love this guy at round up, if he were a bit more carefull,.............. and Im sure he could be!!!

That deer was Fresh.....the hide had to be warm to peel so easily and the blood inside had yet to congeal......nothing like slicing that bladder as well.....~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

i want a new knife, and saw... im impressed.

WOW!!! That's awesome.

We was playing around a few years ago and seeing how fast we could skin some deer. I made a miss lick with a saw and almost cut my thumb off. After a painful trip to the local hospital we realized we were not in that big of a hurry from then on. Them saws are designed to cut meat and that means yours as well.