Thread: Kodiak Bear questions

Default Kodiak Bear questions

First time applying for Kodiak Bear, lucky me. anyone know where DB239 is on Kodiak, can I drive there? what about hotels or maybe a B&B? Yea Right, I have my air charter lined up and have a good idea on how I plan to hunt it, but looking for anyone who has hunted this area before and how you many have hunted the area, do's and dont's and so on.

I thought all you had to do on Kodiak is just find a comfortable place to camp.. Then just fire a few shots in the air. Then just sit there in your lawn chair and take your pick of Bears! Because, you WILL be surrounded by Bears!!! You know, "The Dinner Bell" theory... Works every time!!! ha ha ha

But seriously, Camp ABOVE the highest piece of driftwood, bring good optics, and watch the wind.. All are equally important!

Good luck!

If you are military or retired military the coast guard has a nice guest house for your time in town.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

hunting that tag this spring (drew it last year). If interested in plans PM, or results ask after May

unable to pm you, sent an email, you can PM me THANKS

I drew the same tag. You drew for Spring of '12 right?

That's Dog Salmon River.

Here's the unit map:

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...p=db109&gmu=08

I'm looking for someone to go with.