If you were going to hunt an area that hadn't been hunted in awhile (for moose), would you opt for an 'early' season hunt or a 'mid' season hunt or a 'late' season hunt. Keep in mind that several groups of hunters will be hunting the same area (early season is August 20th to August 30th) and the area has ridges/hills so glassing is possible.
I'm looking at 'early' season but I know there are pro's and con's to all three times.
Some early season 'PROS' -
1) Moose haven't been hunted in several years so some big bulls are present and haven't been pressured in the past.
2) You'd be the first group hunting the area ... the mid season and late season hunters would come in after you hunted the area.
3) Weather is maybe a 'tad' warmer.
Some early season 'CONS' -
1) Moose are not very vocal just yet as they are not quite pre-rut.
2) Trees are thick and lots of foilage yet.
3) Bugs/mosquitos will probably be thick.
What would be your preference and why?