Thread: Barneys Rifle Carrier

Default Barneys Rifle Carrier

Does anyone know if Barney's has found a new manufacturer for their rifle carrier? The older carrier made of aluminum and leather. I know that their packs, now, have a sleeve for carrying a rifle. I was in Barney's in late Nov. and asked, was told they were looking for a new manufacturer and had alot of interest from the public to bring them back. If anyone should happen to have one that they want to get rid of, please let me know. Thanks.

They got a new contractor out of the valley that makes them out of duct tape.....

Kifaru Gun Bearer! I use one on my Mystery Ranch and would recommend it for any pack. Can't beat it. Your rifle is secure but is always at the ready.

The best plan is to call and ask.

Brett

akflyfisher-tried the gun bearer in Nov. on Kodiak. Didn't like it!!! I adjusted it several different way and none of them were successful. My two buddies had the older Barney's gun carrier, no problems with their's. With the gun bearer the barrel was in your face, if you sat your pack down the rifle would tip over from hanging off your hip belt, wasn't comfortable and made the rifle get in the way. I'll gladly trade the gun bearer for a Barney's gun carrier.

A bit off subject, but check out the Eberlestock packs. Nice packs with built in rifle carriers. Saw one in Mountain View Sports in ANC the other day and reminded me of them. I have an older gunslinger model. Used it mostly for carrying my guide gun and fly rod tubes around the Nome area. Slick packs that seem popular with some hunters.

http://www.eberlestock.com/hunting.htm

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Bigbear, post your gun bearer on the swap and sell. I always here of guys looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbear View Post
    Does anyone know if Barney's has found a new manufacturer for their rifle carrier? The older carrier made of aluminum and leather. I know that their packs, now, have a sleeve for carrying a rifle. I was in Barney's in late Nov. and asked, was told they were looking for a new manufacturer and had alot of interest from the public to bring them back. If anyone should happen to have one that they want to get rid of, please let me know. Thanks.
    I've got one of those Barney's carrier kits around here that's never been opened. If I remember right those carriers were handed. I don't remember which I have and it'll take a few days for me to get to look for it. If I can find it you're welcome to it for what will be a good deal for you. Actually it'll be about 10 days before I can look for it. PM me if you're serious. I won't need it.