Thread: Sat phone purchase

Default Sat phone purchase

Am in the market and looking for recommendations on where to buy. Live in Anchorage. I see a short thread on the 9555 vs. older model phones, but not much else info here.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

In Anchorage I'd go talk to the folks at Surveyor's Exchange (near 36th and Arctic). Not sure if they sell sat phones but they rent 100s of them each year, they can probably fill you in on the various models and what has worked well for people in the field.

Surveyors Exchange also sells hundreds of phones a year. They are your go-to place for Sat Phones.

If you are looking for a new phone, basically the only game in town is the Iridium 9555. They no longer make or sell the older versions.

Yk

As previously reported....Surveyors Exchange on Springer (??) St near Arctic and 36th St.....very great customer service!
    Best of the best, with honors!!!

Surveyor's Exchange...Greg Lee and everyone there are top notch.

Another vote for Surveyors Exchange!

One more time for Surveyors Exchange.

I can't say where to BUY one, (since I bought a used one off of Craigslist), but Surveyor' Exchange is where I have my SERVICE through. It is very personal and I like that they keep my credit card on file and will renew my subscription automatically, I have the Northern Lights plan. When there is a problem, like when my card expired, they call me personally. I think Greg makes himself available for after hours emergencies, like running out of minutes.

My phone is a 9505, it works great and I have no complaints. I use it all the time, from Prince William Sound to the Koyukuk.

Seem to get a better deal online. Did alot of price comparing and got my 9555 through gitcommunications out of Austin, TX. Great customer service. Bought the Northern Lights plan from there.

Hard to do what we do without the peace of mind that a satphone provides.

GG

Funny how things work, My CC had expired again and I received a call just today from Surveyors Exchange to recharge my Northern Lights plan. The minutes just keep on rolling over and over. I must say the local service is great.

my wife and i are thinking about a sat phone. If anybody doesn't mind me asking what are you paying for the 9555 ?

Quote Originally Posted by cjustinm View Post
    my wife and i are thinking about a sat phone. If anybody doesn't mind me asking what are you paying for the 9555 ?
    One of my employees just got one for $1399 I beleive. Comes with the standard package of goodies, plus they threw in an extra battery and a water proof case.

I'll be buying mine from Surveyors exchange, and during the outdoor show.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Great customer service from Surveyors!

just ordered mine form surv exch and the customer service was great. all in all with an extra battery and waterproof case ended up being around 1400 plus 200 for six months plus another 60 for activation plus shipping ended up being close to 1700 by the time it was all said and done.