Thread: Whoops...looking for a cowling

Default Whoops...looking for a cowling

I ran into my daughter's Indy Lite last night plowing snow with my backhoe. Totally my fault and I need to get her a new cowling or one that is rebuildable. If you know anyone with a junker Indy Lite laying around that wants cash for their cowling, let me know.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

take a pic and post it i would like to see the damage!
    Semper Fi!

It's not too bad, unfortunately it's in the wrong spot. Took off the whole front part of the cowling with the corner of the bucket right at the hinge. Didn't even bend the hinge, but the plastic 6" above it is gone all the way across the nose. Not very dramatic, just really hard to fix.

That's rough! Those Indy Lite cowlings (and other Indy of that period in general) are hard to repair because of the injected plastic they used. You might give Verba in Sterling a call as they may have one. If aesthetics is not a huge priority, You can fashion a new nose cone from folded aluminum and pop rivets. That is what many people in the bush have done and it works OK.

hold it together with some of them smoked chum strips from that guy in nenana.
    Semper Fi!

Give Alaksa Snow Salvage in Anchorage a call.
    BK

No dice on AK Snow Salvage. I might fabricate it out of epoxy and glass then mechanical fasten it to the remaining plastic, but I'm looking at two full days of frustration for that.

Doug , What yr, Color blue or red, was a GT? I,m sure you looked here .couple listed for the whole thing.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/2228721447.html

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I ran into my daughter's Indy Lite last night plowing snow with my backhoe. Totally my fault and I need to get her a new cowling or one that is rebuildable. If you know anyone with a junker Indy Lite laying around that wants cash for their cowling, let me know.
    Good Luck!!!! Have been looking for one of those for years. You will find most of them duct taped, bondoed, rivets and sheetmetaled back together already. I can not remember why but there is a reason they are hard to come by.....dang oldster brain I am having today.

I know for a fact that you can't buy that trim piece that holds the windshield new anymore. My son has come up with a great plan, we have a good cowling and we are going to use it to build a negative mold then make a new epoxy/glass one for her sled. Hey, who knows, if it works out I might be able to sell a few

Thanks for the link Susitna. Somebody should grab that one up. I don't need another one, but they are worth a grand no problem. Somebody at Weaver Bros. Trucking had one in the back of a pickup with a forsale sign asking $1100 and it was cherry. I just don't have a grand right now.

wow $1100 way to much for a 200$ sled!
    Semper Fi!

$200 sled? If they are in good shape they are more than worth $1000. Nobody makes a sled for kids anymore, so there is a premium onthem. Ours have been bullet proof for years. Old Tundras, Bravos and Indy Lights... I sure wish they still made 'em.

maybe heres another?
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pol....c0.m270.l1313
    i read you could take and put a different hood on it would have to change the hinges, Long it has the same frame.post #4
    http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...lite-hood.html