Thread: Max Loads for 8 mm and 416 rem mag

Kalix, Sweden .50 km south the arctic circle

Default Max Loads for 8 mm and 416 rem mag

I have been helped by a friend to take these charges by using the quick load program. Me and my friend started to load these cartridges 3 gr below peak load. These charges are made on the Swift A-Frame and Wood Leigh bullets. I have test fired these charges also.

As you can see we have only used the standard non-woven balls from Swift and Wood Leigh and no bullets from Barnes copper bullets (TSX). I have had et tsnack with a gunsmith here in Sweden and he says that copper bullets wear out a barrel faster than normal non-woven balls Swift, Wood Leigh, and others.

Can I hear your arguments on this point of view on the copper bullets. Are There Any of you who Have Such experience???

I hope you understand my translation from Swedish to English.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...d416remmag.jpg
    http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...s416remmag.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lsjonsson View Post
    ...a gunsmith here in Sweden and he says that copper bullets wear out a barrel faster than normal non-woven balls Swift, Wood Leigh, and others.

Can I hear your arguments on this point of view on the copper bullets. Are There Any of you who Have Such experience???

I hope you understand my translation from Swedish to English.
    No problems with your English translation, lsjonsson!

I'm not a fan of the copper bullets, but even so I don't know of much to support the gunsmith's claim about extra barrel wear. Even if it was occuring, I wouldn't worry about it because none of us are going to shoot thousands of those expensive bullets. We'll use something else for practice and reserve the all-copper bullets for hunting only.