Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the gold fever,

Smile Getting the gold fever,

Man this winter has got on my nerves, lol.I just want to dig a couple of holes in a creek, use my new classifres, my 4' sluce, and my portable,dessert fox gold wheel, lol

Poor mans operation.

Thinking the price of gold is so high I need 4 more folks with 50k and the summer off.

I'm sure 5 Alaskans would do better than those Oregon guys.

I'm semi-serious.

Been looking at my hunting area via the online state plats. MIning is open for claim, it is good area with other retired mines nearby but hard to access.

Considering taking my sluice and buckets moose hunting this year. Would be a hoot to find a little gold and get winter meat.

What tributary do yo hunt off from? not asking where. Tanana, Yukon?

Chistochina area

I just got my new sluce box, a couple classifiers, new pans, and a lot of speciman bottles, oh yea a new White's gold detector, now all I need is the time to get out into the bush and find the mother lode.

Quote Originally Posted by gerberman View Post
    I just got my new sluce box, a couple classifiers, new pans, and a lot of speciman bottles, oh yea a new White's gold detector, now all I need is the time to get out into the bush and find the mother lode.
    Which White's did you get?

I want to grab the minelab gpx 4500 but have a hard time justifying it. If only the wife would.....

Those mini labs are kinda spendy, lol. I thought we were talking poor mans prospecting. I would love to have one of those tho.

I figure if a person is going to do it..It should be done the best way possible.

The 4500s are a sweet machine for most of Alaska.

On the other hand a highbanker and shovel can produce similar results. Depends on the workers and motivation.

This worker is disabled and can maybe get a bucket a day of stuff to run through the wheel if he's lucky, lol.

Still have the heart, just not the body I used to have, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    This worker is disabled and can maybe get a bucket a day of stuff to run through the wheel if he's lucky, lol.

Still have the heart, just not the body I used to have, lol
    Roger that!

Who knows..I may PM you with a location / camp to get that bucket. One never knows.

Hmmmm..... an AOD gold camp. Pans, sluices and BEER. Any whining or forum talk gets shot with a Red Ryder BB gun..

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    Thinking the price of gold is so high I need 4 more folks with 50k and the summer off.

I'm sure 5 Alaskans would do better than those Oregon guys.

I'm semi-serious.

Been looking at my hunting area via the online state plats. MIning is open for claim, it is good area with other retired mines nearby but hard to access.

Considering taking my sluice and buckets moose hunting this year. Would be a hoot to find a little gold and get winter meat.

Couldn't do any worse, that is for sure.

If I recall, they spent like $200k to get $16k worth of gold.

By that assessment, they could have blown $180k on hookers and blow and made $4k.

What a bunch of goobers. That was painful to watch.

Don't forget your bear tag:)

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Sadly I can't Rep you anymore Dan. You had me at hookers and blow.

+1 in spirit

(geez mods...it is a joke for cryin out loud)

Hmmmm..... an AOD gold camp. Pans, sluices and BEER. Any whining or forum talk gets shot with a Red Ryder BB gun..
    I am in and I have beer, pans, shovels and a BB gun...
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

I'm really interested in Whites Mine Lab 4500. I'm all about prospecting PWS. More gold has been pulled out of PWS than anywhere else in this state. Namely Valdez Creek and others. I know of gold bearing areas that used to have glaciers right to the water when I was a kid in the 70's, now the glacier is way back in the mountain and theres just a creek. I know for a fact theres lots of gold in the gravel where those glaciers were. Theres also reefs that icebergs ground on and melt w/ lots of over burden on them, I'm sure if somebody spent some time w/ a detector on a minus tide they would be rewarded. My friends mom used to pin wool blankets to the beach at Red Head before a storm and the storm surge would fill the blankets w/ black sand and gold and they would use mercury to extract the gold from the wool. I know for a fact they USGS does core samples and posts the results online. One place where I'm really interested they described a black slate canyon that had gold laying on the shelfs of slate, they went up around the bend in the river and found black sand. They took a one yard core sample and it yielded 1.5 oz! I'm no expert but 1.5 oz in a yard of dirt sounds mighty tasty to me! My biggest dilema is I can't justify stopping my commercial fishing operation long enough to check it out. I almost need a partner or partners to drop off and do some prospecting and find enough gold to convince me to mine instead of fish... I know some stuff I tell ya!

Roger that!

Who knows..I may PM you with a location / camp to get that bucket. One never knows.

If you let me forgo the beer I will bring my highbanker and sluice box. Got extra pans and classifiers as well.
    Could even bring my Fisher gold bug metal detector.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I'm really interested in Whites Mine Lab 4500. I'm all about prospecting PWS. More gold has been pulled out of PWS than anywhere else in this state. Namely Valdez Creek and others. I know of gold bearing areas that used to have glaciers right to the water when I was a kid in the 70's, now the glacier is way back in the mountain and theres just a creek. I know for a fact theres lots of gold in the gravel where those glaciers were. Theres also reefs that icebergs ground on and melt w/ lots of over burden on them, I'm sure if somebody spent some time w/ a detector on a minus tide they would be rewarded. My friends mom used to pin wool blankets to the beach at Red Head before a storm and the storm surge would fill the blankets w/ black sand and gold and they would use mercury to extract the gold from the wool. I know for a fact they USGS does core samples and posts the results online. One place where I'm really interested they described a black slate canyon that had gold laying on the shelfs of slate, they went up around the bend in the river and found black sand. They took a one yard core sample and it yielded 1.5 oz! I'm no expert but 1.5 oz in a yard of dirt sounds mighty tasty to me! My biggest dilema is I can't justify stopping my commercial fishing operation long enough to check it out. I almost need a partner or partners to drop off and do some prospecting and find enough gold to convince me to mine instead of fish... I know some stuff I tell ya!
    I might be interested. I have a keene highbanker and a couple of sluice boxes. Also have a fisher gold bug metal detector and lots of pans/classifiers. Might have to bring my parents Whites MXT as it probably does better in areas of high mineralization. I got it for them for their anniversary from a guy I know at cost. He had to sell a set number of units to get his dealers license from Whites. I don't think they even took it out of the box yet and that was 3-4 years ago. Might have to set up a time to take them out somewhere and check out their detector.
    If you read Steve Hershbaughs (owner of AMDS) report the minelab isn't neccessarily the best detector for Alaska or not all of Alaska anyway. You should read it some time I believe he has links on his company website to his report.
    He is Alaskas metal detector guru. Of course when you can buy any unit you want at cost and sell it for a the same money if you don't like it why not try them all like Steve does.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I went to the Factory and they sent me downtown Sweethome to get a GMT-800-0294, The gold machine, the store had lots of goodies to help with the extraction of gold from them thar hills. It should be a fun summer.

www.goldbumming.com

Don't know how good they are, but they have the 5000

heres another site, www.goldseekerstools.com/

This one has some good links on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Heck I'm on my way!!!!!!!!!! I got a weak mind strong back plus two shovels,, and i don't eat much.. Sounds like all i need is a few strong sacks to hold all them nuggets though..
    Of all the things I haven't got I like gold the best.
    Just gotta post this link one more time..
    fullbush is that you in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1o57...eature=related

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast