Thread: Best tripod for STS80 spotting scope?

Default Best tripod for STS80 spotting scope?

Looking for the smallest, lightest tripod for a Swarovski spotting scope. Or should I just use my backpack?

Forum Sponsor

I have sold tons of the Velbon LUXi F @ $119.99 and everyone loves it. It closes to 18", opens to about 4' and has a triple level fluid head. it weights in around 2 pounds.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Default Manfrotto

Take a look into the line of professional tripods made by Manfrotto. They make some that are out of carbon fiber. That would be nice if you are carrying it around. These are high end tripods. I got one for my Zeiss Diascope last year. Incredibly well designed and high quality. You get what you pay for. Super steady and easy to use.

I too have a carbon one, mine is made by amvona and I bought it on ebay for 150ish bux I love the weight and the fact that it does not get too cold. my ball head weighs as much as the legs do, and they extend high enough to stand and use a straight scope. I use this with a pentax pf 80 so weight is a comp.

If you want the best purchase one of the Gitzo carbon fiber designs. Pricey but worth every penny. A spotting scope is useless if you can not hold it steady.
    Don't sacrifice on mass. Skinny legs may look great on a woman but not on a tripod.
    Tennessee