Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Board of Fisheries Meetings......

Default Board of Fisheries Meetings......

I haven't heard much on these the last couple of days other than people were given three minutes to voice their opinion. Has any progress been made yet or it is still just personal testimony and opinion?

Testimonies done, the conceptual committee for putting together action plans and management actions for the chinook and Susitna sockeye stocks of concern finished up, and it will be committee work the rest of the week. General public can still sit in on any of the committees, just cannot speak directly in committee if not signed up already or an elected AC representative to this meeting.

Any of you forum members get assigned to Committee F?
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

I'll be there, doc. Su VAlley AC rep- so I get to yammer quite a bit in the committees!

Hey willphish4food how do I get on thye mat-su AC? I'd be the missing link that you guys need to give you a voice. As it stands now you have zero credibility w/ the fish&game because you're all guides, theres no diversity. My agenda is simple, I'd like to see the the Little Su open 24 hours a day during kings so local Alaskans can get their fish w/o a bunch of guides on the river. I like hitting the holes about 4 am myself. Tell Knowles and his cronies, Couch and the rest of the guides that I'm the man to make the Mat-Su AC have some credibility

There's Kings in the Lil Su?

Was he the one who said something like We know nothing about nets in the Valley so we have no opinion?
    Proposal somewhere between 115 and 118
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Let's call a spade a spade, Fullbush. I started a thread three months ago about a position opening up on th Mat-su AC. Where the heck were you besides posting snide comments? Now you post you want to be a foil for people that are involved. Make up your freaken mind, get involved or don't b__tch about the outcome. This is all in good fun but when you start to degenerate people wanting to help a fishery, either man up or shut up. LOL
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Full, i'm on the Susitna committee, not MatValley. The scheduled meetings are posted on Board Support, and whop can fill ya in too. I'm sure the fellas listed are broken hearted that they're not credible to you. Whatever you feel their credibility is, they spend a heck of a lot of time, energy and money trying to fight for what they believe in at the meetings. This has been going on from 8am-5 or 6pm daily in Anchorage, since Sunday, and neither Andy, Bruce, nor myself is paid to be there. So keep on sniping...

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade, Fullbush. I started a thread three months ago about a position opening up on th Mat-su AC. Where the heck were you besides posting snide comments? Now you post you want to be a foil for people that are involved. Make up your freaken mind, get involved or don't b__tch about the outcome. This is all in good fun but when you start to degenerate people wanting to help a fishery, either man up or shut up. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Full, i'm on the Susitna committee, not MatValley. The scheduled meetings are posted on Board Support, and whop can fill ya in too. I'm sure the fellas listed are broken hearted that they're not credible to you. Whatever you feel their credibility is, they spend a heck of a lot of time, energy and money trying to fight for what they believe in at the meetings. This has been going on from 8am-5 or 6pm daily in Anchorage, since Sunday, and neither Andy, Bruce, nor myself is paid to be there. So keep on sniping...
    You guys are just mean spirited! All I wanted to do join the advisory committee so it could gain some credibility (and lift the restrictions on times you can fish the Little SU so I don't get run over by guide boats. Hmmph!

Sometimes we do take things out of context but at least those guys you mentioned are standing up for the whole valley
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Sometimes we do take things out of context but at least those guys you mentioned are standing up for the whole valley
    Wait! Standing up for the valley? Don't you mean standing up for their interests in the valley?
    Hey whop wanna know why I don't get involved? Its because I have morals that why. Thats right, I don't think its very nobel to "get involved" when I have a one sighted agenda. I'm the 1st one to admit it, I'm a born and bread fish assassin and won't rest till I've caught them all, is that somebody that should "get involved" in decision/policy making? Come on man, when are you guys gonna realize I'm the real deal? I don't sugarcoat things or BS anybody, why doesn't anybody understand this? All they do is hate me for what I say, wt__F? I get flamed and banned for saying it the way it is. I call a spade a spade and I know for a fact the Mat-Su guides run the AC, its a conflict of interest. Same would hold true for me, NOBODY with an agenda of their own should make policy. I use this venue to speak my truth.

would someone please give fullbush a rep point for this last one? I don't know how.

Actually Andy Couch is the only guide on the Mat-su AC. Bruce knowles does not guide anymore, he just wants fish into the rivers, and he is on the Su Valley AC. I just got off the AC but there are reaLLY only three people that were interested in the fishing side of things. Mark Chryson, Andy and myself and I'm now off since I did not run again. That is why there are more than ten members on it. To broaden the base of interests so all sides get to have a voice. Be proud to be a fish killer but speak up and help make policy. I was a dipnetter and said so so everybody knew where I was coming from. There was no hidden agenda, all cards are laid out

Why don't y'all just back away from the keyboard and go to the BOF meetings? You're more likely to affect change there, rather then here.

That is why I missed having a beer w/you Mrfish. Call it like you see it

Whopper...just say the word and I'll join you for a brewski (you're buying, of course). Are you going to be in the big city on Sunday to grab committee reports?

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I'm the 1st one to admit it, I'm a born and bread fish assassin and won't rest till I've caught them all
    That's just effing great.
    Because of people who have the same mentality, this is the reason there is a lack of fish making it back to the rivers. CATCH EM ALL!!!!
    That is absurd.

Gotta try to clear my schedule and get my rig going. Kind of got my truck wrapped around the only tree in my driveway last night. Tried backing up with the windows glazed over and got sucked in to a ditch. Took out my rear side window and then some chasing after my shepard mix who was chasing a spike fork moose. One thing chasing after another. At times I wanna shoot that dog!!!

Gotta try to clear my schedule and get my rig going. Kind of got my truck wrapped around the only tree in my driveway last night. Tried backing up with the windows glazed over and got sucked in to a ditch. Took out my rear side window and then some chasing after my shepard mix who was chasing a spike fork moose. One thing chasing after another. At times I wanna shoot that dog!!!
    Well, let me know...I think you still have my cell #. If not, my home # is in the book.

Good luck with the truck. That series of events sounds almost cartoon-ish.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast