Thread: Another Kenai Coyote

Default Another Kenai Coyote

Another case of being in the right place at the right time, or as they say, pure %&#@ luck. Taken at 419 yards with a Ruger M77V, .220 Swift made in 1976. 55 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint 43.5 grs IMR 4831-Fed. 210M primer and WW cases. Nothing like a Swift that consistently shoots nickel size groups at 200 yards for this kind of work. This female weighed 27 pounds and has a nice thick pelt. Beautiful sunny day about 3:00 PM.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	45959

Did you call it or spot and stalk?

Loren

Quote Originally Posted by Reese Outdoors View Post
    Did you call it or spot and stalk?

Loren
    Not calliing, just wandering the country. When the sun is out in mid-winter they seem to want to be out in it and once in a while I'll get lucky. No stalk on this one, spotted her as she came out from behind a clump of small spruce in otherwise fairly open country. Just dropped to kneeling position and used a small spruce for a rest and took her.

Did I read that correctly, 419 yards? If so, well done! Must have been pretty still air. Yous ure do a lot of walking/hiking in the right places. Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    Did I read that correctly, 419 yards? If so, well done! Must have been pretty still air. Yous ure do a lot of walking/hiking in the right places. Nice post.
    Well thanks, yeah, it was 419, and you got the still air right, one of those rare sunny days that was absolutley dead calm. I think it works out to around 50 miles of walking per coyote. I just haven't had good results with calling but maybe next year I'll get a FoxPro.

Quote Originally Posted by sameyer View Post
    Not calliing, just wandering the country. When the sun is out in mid-winter they seem to want to be out in it and once in a while I'll get lucky. No stalk on this one, spotted her as she came out from behind a clump of small spruce in otherwise fairly open country. Just dropped to kneeling position and used a small spruce for a rest and took her.

Lucky dog. I mean you, not the coyote.

Default Unlucky Dog

I mean the coyote Remind me not to bet you on shooting proficiency. I'm not sure I could have seen her much less hit her. Sounds like you sure work hard for your fun. Good photo, thanks for sharing.
    ARR

Wow, that's some impressive shooting. Good job, keep on hiking and getting those coyote's, it's obviously working out for you.

nice coyote!! and an even better shot! keep on sniping em,