Thread: First timers

Default First timers

My wife and I will be setting up our first bait station this year. We don't have a wheeler so we will be packing out gear. Obviously, this limits the areas we can hunt. I am wondering if anyone baits off of Yoder rd? We will be getting out on the snowshoes for the next month looking for likely locals within a decent distance of the house any other suggestions would be more than welcome. Thanks as always!

Yoder rd by Montana creek?

Quote Originally Posted by passthrujuju View Post
    Yoder rd by Montana creek?
    That would be the one. We did a bit shoeing around up there today. I am not sure if that is my spot or not. We still have lots of time to look though.

I'd be willing to bet there are alot of baiters around. Anywhere with road access will generate interest.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

If your willing to walk a half mile, I'd bet you will be 1/4 mile farther than 90% of the people.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

thats really good area i was out there last year granted we sunk the truck we were in trying to cross the creek (found the only five foot hole in the whol river) but we did find alot of good tracks and scat lots of berrys and shrubbery thats premiere stomping ground good luck man

Its an area that has a lot of bear. It can be difficult to get a mile from any cabin-like structure on foot, but not too bad. If you can get up in the air to take a look, thats the best way to scout for cabins/ houses. Also, don't drive a vehicle through Montana creek- its illegal to drive through a salmon spawning stream without a special use permit, and salmon spawn the entire length of the creek.

I would take a very careful look around that area as there are cabins everywhere, and in my experience ,a few very unfriendly owners.Staying a mile away from them is going to be a challenge.