Thread: Can-Am Outlander 800R X mr

Default Can-Am Outlander 800R X mr

anyone have any experence with the Can-Am Outlander 800R X mr ?

Good ? Bad? just looking to get the best ATV for hunting and this thing looks sick!

Default Only bad side to it:

The front radiator is on top of the rack. For hunting, I need the rack. I've got an '11 Max and am putting the snorkel kit from the XMR on and I'll call it a day. The XMR is awesome. If you don't need that front rack, there's nothing on the showroom that'll keep up with it.

mud pro 1000 will. Can ams are not hunting rigs by any means. They look cool thats about it. Theyre fun as hell but thats all they r made for. Weak skid plates, weak racks. You could get one, then modify both of those components and have the best hunting rig out there.

i have an 06 can am 800 outlander xt, its been awesome to me, hasn't given me any major troubles and its always ran good, its been used and abused and has been through some of the craziest stuff i ever seen a wheeler go through, i wouldn't hesitate to get a can am, they make quality products in my book... i've used mine for dredging, prospecting, hunting, fishing recreationally, used it for pretty much everything and haven't been dissapointed yet, i think i have around 3 or 4 thousand miles on mine right now...

I have an 07 650 XT...I've used the thing, as only Alaskans know how to use em. Never had a non-self induced problem with it. I love it, it is awesome, and all I do is hunt, and hunt hard with it.

I've pulled this wrecked yamaha 30 miles outta boulder creek, through the monster mudhole and boulder field...I've pulled a Polaris 6x6 10 miles deep outta Kings River. I'll be looking to eat a Honda's lunch next.

It's brought multiple moose to the freezer, and frankly, kicks @#*!!!!

The CanAms do have some things to be careful with, but with a little knowledge and riding skill, the CanAm's are bar none the best wheeler out there!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

One more....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mud pro... bwhahahahahahaha!!!!!

The Can Am MR blows away the Mud Pro. Lighter, more horsepower, better bigger tires, less expensive (if you can believe that), air ride suspension to vary ground clearance and load carrying . Do yourself a favor and look it up and check the actual ride comparisons. My 800 Max has had all four quarters of a big 'bou on the weak rear rack, and about 120 lbs of head and other equipment on the front weak rack. My buddy had a whole moose on his weak racks, two rifles, and a grown woman in the rear seat. These were all in areas difficult to access and rough, nary a hiccup. My next one will be another Can Am.