Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: candy sale at target

  1. #1
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default candy sale at target

    50-75% off on valentines day candy at Target.... go get it. Lots of cheap choclate and other stuff.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Chocolate is toxic to bears. I'm not sure if all that many people care, I don't use any chocolate though... I even scrape it off any donuts I get that have a chocolate topping. I'll check out the non-chocolate stuff though, thanks for the tip

  3. #3
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stick+string View Post
    Chocolate is toxic to bears. I'm not sure if all that many people care, I don't use any chocolate though... I even scrape it off any donuts I get that have a chocolate topping. I'll check out the non-chocolate stuff though, thanks for the tip
    I doubt that. Bears have pretty gnarly stomachs and can eat a variety of things. I doubt chocolate would bother them much..
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stick+string View Post
    Chocolate is toxic to bears. I'm not sure if all that many people care, I don't use any chocolate though... I even scrape it off any donuts I get that have a chocolate topping. I'll check out the non-chocolate stuff though, thanks for the tip
    I don't know specifically about bears, but for the most part, the levels of "chocolate" that are in what you find on the shelves around here are so low, it isn't a danger to anything. People say that chocolate is dangerous for dogs too, but really, it doesn't become a problem unless it is in VERY large amounts or a far more pure product, such as cooking chocolate. Regular milk chocolate is really diluted. Having said that, I sill wouldn't be a big fan of feeding it to anything even if it is only slightly toxic. Just because a snicker's bar won't kill my dog, I still will do whatever I can to keep it from getting it in the first place.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Hey anchskier, that's more or less my point of view too. Why take an unnecessary chance?
    I first read that chocolate is toxic in Richard Smith's book "Black Bear Hunting", which is a great book BTW.
    One of my fears with chocolate is that some great big boar that I'd love to hunt is taking a week long nap sleeping off the stomach ache that I gave him.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    231

    Default

    That's okay. I'll be serving 'pepto-bismo' and 'mylanta' at my bait station. So the big boars with the stomach aches will know where to come for 'RELIEF'.

  7. #7
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truenorthed View Post
    That's okay. I'll be serving 'pepto-bismo' and 'mylanta' at my bait station. So the big boars with the stomach aches will know where to come for 'RELIEF'.
    Now thats funny almost spit out my drink of soda

  8. #8
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stick+string View Post
    Hey anchskier, that's more or less my point of view too. Why take an unnecessary chance?
    I first read that chocolate is toxic in Richard Smith's book "Black Bear Hunting", which is a great book BTW.
    One of my fears with chocolate is that some great big boar that I'd love to hunt is taking a week long nap sleeping off the stomach ache that I gave him.
    Think of it as bear baiting with a mix of predator management thrown in as well! Kidding of course. I only use dog food, popcorn and scent balls.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •