Thread: candy sale at target

Default candy sale at target

50-75% off on valentines day candy at Target.... go get it. Lots of cheap choclate and other stuff.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Chocolate is toxic to bears. I'm not sure if all that many people care, I don't use any chocolate though... I even scrape it off any donuts I get that have a chocolate topping. I'll check out the non-chocolate stuff though, thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by stick+string View Post
    Chocolate is toxic to bears. I'm not sure if all that many people care, I don't use any chocolate though... I even scrape it off any donuts I get that have a chocolate topping. I'll check out the non-chocolate stuff though, thanks for the tip
    I doubt that. Bears have pretty gnarly stomachs and can eat a variety of things. I doubt chocolate would bother them much..
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I don't know specifically about bears, but for the most part, the levels of "chocolate" that are in what you find on the shelves around here are so low, it isn't a danger to anything. People say that chocolate is dangerous for dogs too, but really, it doesn't become a problem unless it is in VERY large amounts or a far more pure product, such as cooking chocolate. Regular milk chocolate is really diluted. Having said that, I sill wouldn't be a big fan of feeding it to anything even if it is only slightly toxic. Just because a snicker's bar won't kill my dog, I still will do whatever I can to keep it from getting it in the first place.

Hey anchskier, that's more or less my point of view too. Why take an unnecessary chance?
    I first read that chocolate is toxic in Richard Smith's book "Black Bear Hunting", which is a great book BTW.
    One of my fears with chocolate is that some great big boar that I'd love to hunt is taking a week long nap sleeping off the stomach ache that I gave him.

That's okay. I'll be serving 'pepto-bismo' and 'mylanta' at my bait station. So the big boars with the stomach aches will know where to come for 'RELIEF'.

Quote Originally Posted by Truenorthed View Post
    That's okay. I'll be serving 'pepto-bismo' and 'mylanta' at my bait station. So the big boars with the stomach aches will know where to come for 'RELIEF'.
    Now thats funny almost spit out my drink of soda

Hey anchskier, that's more or less my point of view too. Why take an unnecessary chance?
    I first read that chocolate is toxic in Richard Smith's book "Black Bear Hunting", which is a great book BTW.
    One of my fears with chocolate is that some great big boar that I'd love to hunt is taking a week long nap sleeping off the stomach ache that I gave him.
    Think of it as bear baiting with a mix of predator management thrown in as well! Kidding of course. I only use dog food, popcorn and scent balls.