Thread: .303 Enfield ShtLE No1 MKV

Default .303 Enfield ShtLE No1 MKV

Need a little help. I have looked on a lot of internet forums and cannot find an answer. I am looking to get a scope mount for my Enfield. I cannot find a scope mount for a No1 MKV. I have found mounts for a No1 MKIII or a No4 MKV. My question is, can I purchase a mount for a No1 MKIII and will it work? Do I need to match the Model # or the MK #? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Check out www.sporterizing.com. Most of the sites that deal with the Enfield (and other military rifles) consider it an outrage to modify or alter a classic firearm in any way, but on that site you will find people on a sub-forum who will help you out.

I've got a 1969 book by Williams Gunsight Company on converting military rifles, including the MKV. It recommends the Williams SM-71 base plus rings for mounting scopes. I don't know if that base or compatible rings are still available from Williams, but it's worth a check. If not, it still gives you a starting place for searching the used market if you don't find something contemporary.

Default Good site

Interesting site and some good info - I had not ran into it before.

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Check out www.sporterizing.com. Most of the sites that deal with the Enfield (and other military rifles) consider it an outrage to modify or alter a classic firearm in any way, but on that site you will find people on a sub-forum who will help you out.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK