Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UCI meeting in full swing

Default UCI meeting in full swing

Day 1 is gone, now for day 2! Sign up for public testimony is over at 9am, so be sure to get in if you're going to say anything! Testimony is limited to 3 minutes/public, 10 minutes/AC.

Was there this morning for about an hour. Good testimony from what I heard. From what I saw and heard this board is very interested and seemed to ask a lot of questions, some very pointed. No BS'ing this board, they are on the ball on the issues.
    I had the opportunity to talk with Nerka for a few minutes, good conversation, believe it or not we are both pretty civil to each other. We differ at times but can talk respectfully. Going to the BoF meetings is always to good time to see old friends and see what everyone is thinking.

Yukon, I will be back down tomorrow depending on when public testimony will be wrapping up so I can get on Committee D. Have Iceblue or Nerka point me out to you or ask D. Maw, they all know who I am. Look forward to meeting you. Ken F. thewhop
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

just look for the tall guy in the back, can't miss me.......I will ask iceblue or nerka as well. I don't know if I will get back down today as I am up to testify pretty soon but I an at home with 3 of my kids and one of their little buddies so I am not going anywhere for a while. I would take my kids down there but can't take their little playmate. We will see....

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Yukon, I will be back down tomorrow depending on when public testimony will be wrapping up so I can get on Committee D. Have Iceblue or Nerka point me out to you or ask D. Maw, they all know who I am. Look forward to meeting you. Ken F. thewhop
    Dr. Maw got beat up pretty good over UCIDA's dipnet proposals.

I am at home listening live now. Got a feeling I am going to miss my chance. I am still at home, now with an extra kid, 5 total in my house right now. I am not getting out of here......

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Dr. Maw got beat up pretty good over UCIDA's dipnet proposals.

I am at home listening live now. Got a feeling I am going to miss my chance. I am still at home, now with an extra kid, 5 total in my house right now. I am not getting out of here......
    I was listening from the office whille working on some other stuff, but did I hear the beginning of his testimony right? Did he really compare UCIDA's plight to the civil rights movement, or was he trying to get at something else?

Where can we listen to the meetings at?

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    I was listening from the office whille working on some other stuff, but did I hear the beginning of his testimony right? Did he really compare UCIDA's plight to the civil rights movement, or was he trying to get at something else?
    Yes he did, he went to the civil rights movement. He basically went "Rosa Parks" on us. I couldn't believe it.

Listen Live:

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...riesboard.main

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Where can we listen to the meetings at?
    here you go
    http://multimedia.adfg.alaska.gov:80...of%20Fisheries

They also have a video stream they're trying out for the first time...it's kind of cool...let me look for the link...but the audio that accompanies the video stream is not as good as the audio stream alone (the above link)

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    here you go
    http://multimedia.adfg.alaska.gov:80...of%20Fisheries

They also have a video stream they're trying out for the first time...it's kind of cool...let me look for the link...but the audio that accompanies the video stream is not as good as the audio stream alone (the above link)

I had a link to that video stream but the sound was poor, the link I posted has better audio.

And here's the video feed...but as Yukon and I mentioned, the sound isn't as good, in my opinion.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/adf-g---boards

Thought they would go a little longer than 5pm. I wonder how many are on the list to testify, can't be many left.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Thought they would go a little longer than 5pm. I wonder how many are on the list to testify, can't be many left.
    They've got 151 people on the final list. Who was the last one to go before they quit?

Robbie Williams - was last or next to last

I was told there's thirty people left. Some 10 AC's which get ten minutes to talk but they are pulling a fast one this year than in previous years. On the callbacks, rather than going to the bottom of the list, you get called back after the next break. So if you are called and not there and they go on break, you are called once they get back in session. Some 20 minutes later, go figure!!!
    Sure makes it hard for the working joe to show up and get involved in the sub-committee's too.
    Mr Fish, If a person is not there for the Interview tomorrow, by the sub-committee chair, for assignments, is there a chance that I could explain he was working but wanted to serve on the second day, would that fly?
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Robbie Williams - was last or next to last
    He was #122 out of 151 total

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    I was told there's thirty people left. Some 10 AC's which get ten minutes to talk but they are pulling a fast one this year than in previous years. On the callbacks, rather than going to the bottom of the list, you get called back after the next break. So if you are called and not there and they go on break, you are called once they get back in session. Some 20 minutes later, go figure!!!
    Sure makes it hard for the working joe to show up and get involved in the sub-committee's too.
    Mr Fish, If a person is not there for the Interview tomorrow, by the sub-committee chair, for assignments, is there a chance that I could explain he was working but wanted to serve on the second day, would that fly?
    ON SECOND CALLS: To some degree, I can't blame Vince for shaking up the protocol for second calls a bit...some folks always tried to game it...but changing the game also messes with expectations.

ON COMMITTEE SIGN-UP: I don't think they're doing anything differently now, so if you want to try to get on a committee you really, really need to be there at the end of testimony to sign up. Saying in your testimony that you want to be on committee x, y or z likely means nothing. You need to sign up when testimony is finished when they do their committee organizing.

Whopper, if you absolutely can't make it for the organization phase, perhaps if you talk in advance with the BOF member that's chairing the committee you want to be on, and they might remember you (but having a buddy sign you up or remind the committe chair during sign-up won't hurt). PM me if you have more Q's on this...

At some meetings, they don't have to worry about limiting the size of the committees to keep it to a manageable group...but UCI isn't usually one of those meetings. Not everyone who wants to be on these committees is likely make the cut. This was never easy, but it had to be done for the sake of keeping things workable.

i was there until a bit after 4, gave our AC testimony and then AK BHA, then home.
    would have enjoyed meeting some of you guys who were there... maybe next time.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Hey, it was good to meet you, Dave. I'm the guy that was standing in the way of your stuff as you left the room. It was good to hear you testify. Always a pleasure to see people being involved.

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    i was there until a bit after 4, gave our AC testimony and then AK BHA, then home.
    would have enjoyed meeting some of you guys who were there... maybe next time.
    I listend to you online, sounds like you weren't at the meeting where the AC commented on proposals.LOL But I did get a chuckle out of the comment about the UCIDA's proposal about letting non-residents dipnet was a "waste of paper and time".

On your comments representing BHA I am glad that your brought up the intercept fishery, that is something for everyone to have in the back of their minds as this goes forward.

I hope the BOF does the right thing this session. Send the guides back to Idaho, the dipnetters back to Kansas and the setnetters back to their teaching jobs. Leave the salmon to the sport, drift gillnet and purse seine fleets where they belong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast