Thread: Any Kavik Info? Flying up next Summer/Fall

Default Any Kavik Info? Flying up next Summer/Fall

Wondering if anyone has been out to kavik hunting? Thanking about flying two Stinson's up next summer/fall. Do they have gas three really? How is the place? Ext Ext Ext Any info would be great.

Have you watched, Flying Wild Alaska on the Discovery channel? Hageland Aviation keeps a 207 at Kavik in the fall, or did last fall. Must be gas there. Some guides do hunts out of there also. Seen a cub in the TV show parked there. Isn't there fuel available in Deadhorse?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Google it. The web page tells you how much av gas and jet A Sue has at any time. She is usually pretty accurate as for how much she has. She did run out for a bit last fall. Kavik is becoming too popular.

hello,I guided out of there last fall,yes sue has gas for sale.rooms for rent,showers,4 wheelers,meals contact her on the web,,2 guides,1 transporter working out of there..caribou there off and on ,,pm me if you need more info

You don't want to go to Kavik.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Come on , Pike.............if it's good enough for Sarah Palin...................!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Come on , Pike.............if it's good enough for Sarah Palin...................!!
    She had a C130 to fly in on. AND OUT.

You spend more than about an hour there and you are ready to leave...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Deadhorse has fuel too. They don't run out. They too have hotels and a store. Plus their is AK air so you can ship stuff back or if the weather is not cooperating you can fly home commercial and come back later to retrieve your plane. Also the FSS station there is nice for checking all your weather along your route.

I know they have gas in deadhorse. Looking to get away from the road but still have gas available. Had thought about having a truck drove up by a friend and staged at happy valley with gas. But learned about Kavik on Flying wild Alaska. Just wanted to see if any one had been up to Kavik and what they thought. If they had gas, food and what it was like.

In your time frame you may want to see about reserving something ahead of time. Kavik is not that big and can fill up fast. Call Sue, she will answer all your questions. Flying Alaska and Sarah Palins Alaska are going to make Kavik more of a Zoo this year.

I will being doing some work up there in a helicopter in the Summer and Fall, So if your looking for a peacefull place it's not kavik. But there are usually Caribou around.