Thread: The truth about "assult weapons" (video)

Default The truth about "assult weapons" (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysf8x477c30

This video explains how semi auto military style weapons work, and debunks some misconceptions.... Enjoy!

- Clint

A well done video ,It should be mandatory viewing for congress

Quote Originally Posted by AGS View Post
    10-4 on that, too bad it will never happen

man zumbo would be 5 million bux ahead if he had watched that before he opend his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by AGS View Post
    It should be mandatory viewing for gun owner's period!

- Clint

Default Truth

While it is an informative video. Puddin Head Wilson seems to forget there are probably a million full auto firearms in the US which are legal and gun enthusiasts enjoy shooting. So he has now set up a situation which suggests all automatic weapons are illeagal. My 44 mag lever action rifle is not legal in the state of California, IT"S an ASSAULT RIFLE.
    Last edited by brav01; 02-27-2007 at 12:42. Reason: SPELLING
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

It's so refreshing to hear some truth every now and then.

Just figured I would add this link to the thread, I already posted it on the other thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFFqEXPlaI

- Clint

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    While it is an informative video. Puddin Head Wilson seems to forget there are probably a million full auto firearms in the US which are legal and gun enthusiasts enjoy shooting. So he has now set up a situation which suggests all automatic weapons are illeagal. My 44 mag lever action rifle is not legal in the state of California, IT"S an ASSAULT RIFLE.
    You raise a good point there. I had noticed that as well ... My dad's Marlin lever action .22 is apparently illegal in DC because, having a fixed magazine with more than a ten round capacity, is apparently a "machine gun."

Cajun, that last video was a good one. I know this isn't the right word to use, but it was sort of refreshing to see a victim of gun violence tell a group of legislators that the Second Amendment is there to protect us from the government.

Yeah Flamekiller, what I didn't like about the video was the way Chuck was sitting with his hand on his head like he didn't give a flip about what she was saying!

I got a feeling that a lot of politians feel the way Chuck does and it just p**ses me off!

- Clint

Default A Lot of Politicians DO Feel That Way...

Guns? Those are for the cognoscenti, not the common man,

We just had the hearings on the proposed Assault Weapons Ban here in Maryland. TEN people total showed up in support of the bill, exactly ZERO citizens - they were all paid lobbyists, plus one girl whose father was an FBI agent killed by a firearm.

We had 210 citizens show up in opposition of the bill! This happens EVERY year, but we have to go through the same thing EVERY year - too many liberals in Maryland.

Michael

So what you're saying is yall won another one?!

We have the same situation in Alaska concerning predator control!

- Clint

Default We Dont KNow Yet...

We're hoping the bil never gets out of committee, but we always have to wait and hope....the senators can sit there and listen to HOURS of testimony showing that gun control laws do NOT affect violent crime, studies by DOJ, CDC, FBI have shown that, etc...and some STILL support the legislation!

We'll see, we're hopeful at the moment.

Michael