Thread: A new Scott HB convert ...

Smile A new Scott HB convert ...

Well, I'll be picking up my new HB from Kanoe People in April or May. I've been using my 19' Grumman for the last decade, more recently in cata-canoe form for moose hunting. Sad to say, my old friend will be on the block this Spring. My 15 hp Yamaha 2stroke will remain to push the HB. Perhaps next year I'll may be in the market for another motor ... at the moment the MudBuddy Mini is in the lead. I chose the vinyl gunwales, rather than Ash, for lack of maintenance. Plan to take along my Wenonah Kingfisher upside down as a load cover. I'm revved up. Now I have to modify my canoe trailer ... longer tongue, new bunk-boards and winch ... and get a passport to go to Canada.

I'd like to come to a Scott canoe regatta, in the Interior, if it comes about. You guys convinced me the HudsonBay is the optimum working boat for this country.

Congradulations on the new addition. Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Your going to love the HB!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Sung to the "Jeffersons" song: "We're moving on up!"

congrats, ou will indeed love the HB.

And, then, next year, I plan to get another motor. Perhaps a MudBuddy surface drive, or something else. And carry my 15 Yamaha as a spare. I'd like to take a few long, remote exploring trips into places where being without power would be a serious problem. The possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And, then, next year, I plan to get another motor. Perhaps a MudBuddy surface drive, or something else. And carry my 15 Yamaha as a spare. I'd like to take a few long, remote exploring trips into places where being without power would be a serious problem. The possibilities.
    Think: Copperhead 12hp surface drive

FamilyMan .... Looked at the Copperhead site. Look neat but look made for much lighter rigs than a HB with a decent load. I'll have to watch and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    FamilyMan .... Looked at the Copperhead site. Look neat but look made for much lighter rigs than a HB with a decent load. I'll have to watch and see.
    I wish I could tell you I have that setup and it works great, but I don't. I'd like to put on on my Albany sometime soon though. I think Mainer's gonna get one, so if he does we can strap it to my canoe and see.

Hi.I am new here.i read your forum,its very positive.
    Weldon jog.
    http://www.maxglim.com