Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petersville

Default Petersville

Headed to Petersville this morning with Alaska_Lanche for the day, if your out that way and see a black rev Summit with a red skid plate stop and say hey. Should be a fun day in this new snow.

Or a black RMK 600 on the IQ chassis stuck, feel free to help dig me out.

BRWNBR, our dad and I are headed to Eureka, so if you see two M8s and a couple minutes later a Tundra 300, thats us.

BRWNBR
    Give us a report on the conditions at Eureka when you get back. I want to go that direction soon!

didn't make it that far out, stopped and went up hicks lake area, not to much snow back there, rough trail. but it was snowing when we left there...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

No new snow up Petersville way. The new snow from this morning that we got in Anchorage/Valley stopped really at Willow. Still had a great time despite the flat light at times. Suprisingly few amount of people in the P-ville parking lots given it was Friday evening when we came out. Hoping to get out and ride again here soon. Thanks AKHUNTER for showing me around. We'll have to do it again soon.

i'd ride with ya ak-lanche but i don't wanna dig you out all the time!
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i'd ride with ya ak-lanche but i don't wanna dig you out all the time!
    Dig him out? Why on earth would you think that digging him out would ever be necessary?

Think of it as cross training, or something. I'll try to limit my stuckness to sub 10 times per day. HHAHAH

ak, most normal folks would gun it comin' off that little drop, but noooo not you...SLAM ON THE BRAKE!!!
    Master guide 212

Had a blast Luke even though the snow was't the best we made the best of what we did find. Dont let him fool guys, he didn't get stuck all that much yesterday other than trying to follow me up and over the top of a few decent hills...........hehehehe!!! J/K of course, that danged full gas can on the back of his sled sure didn't help things. We will definitley do this again.

he didn't get stuck cause there wasn't much snow....gas can helps him get traction on the brush and ground....
    Master guide 212

IMG_1903.jpgIMG_1897.jpg

I spent most of the day yesterday out in the Dutch hills area. Lots of snow and very few floks out that way. East of the gorge the good snow was limitted to the trees, the swamps I hit were all crust. The lighting was tough, but I had a great day!

PS If your shocked the dude on the Tundra made it back to where you are, thats me. Say howdy I ride solo 90% on the time so it's nice to chat a bit on the trial.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    ak, most normal folks would gun it comin' off that little drop, but noooo not you...SLAM ON THE BRAKE!!!
    HAHA...yep the thought crossed my mind except I woulda cased it into the tree just out of the frame there had I gunned it. Still need to chisel open my wallet and get me and 800, but won't happen this year. We do need to go riding though Jake so you can make sure you are in shape for digging your clients out too if needed by practicing on me.

Just got back. The wind really buggered up the trails on the west side of the Kahiltna Saturday afternoon evening. Then tonight on the way in it was starting to snow heavy. Should be good tomorrow.

Anything to update...specifically within the last couple days? thinking of headed that way tomorrow.

Default Info!!!

Got this from the Curry Ridge Riders
    This week all the trails but the Rabiduex were groomed in the South Denali area. The trails are in great condition and the temps are considerably warmer this week with lows around 10 and highs in the upper 20s and low 30s. The wind has returned and was steady and strong midweek. The snowpack remains stable and you can go just about anywhere but off trail powder is getting hard to find.

I wanted to thank all those that have supported the trail efforts over the years by giving a little bonus grooming on the Black Creek Trail which goes west from the Forks Road House towards Collinsville past the Iron Bridge. This week I roughed in the first few miles of the roadbed to the point it starts to open up into the nice swamps and trees. I only used the snowcat this week, which makes a huge improvement, and next week I will pull the drag up there to really smooth things out. Next year the plan is to add this section of trail to the grooming program if the funding is available. Enjoy.

I hate to say it but winter is not going to last forever so get out and take advantage of the longer daylight and enjoy the fantastic views!

Randy
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Anybody been out in Petersville lately? Anybody down to the Kahiltna? Trying to see if the river is still good enough to cross.

Tracy and I were out there friday. We could see black on the tops of Peters hills and the conditions were so poor we didnt even unload.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

seems like its winding down quick this year....
    Master guide 212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast