Thread: Testing Testing, 1,2,3

Default Testing Testing, 1,2,3

Ok, besides the only luck lately being bad or nonexistant, Ive gotten a couple pix up on a new camera or two, as well a couple resh meats.

"Sposed to be 60 mph gusts and a big ol storm, with awsome warm temps, but we just got the wind part, so I took it apon myself , and my daughter apon herself , and we apon the resurected 'Junq", went for a ride to retrive our Rabbit snares, as the blow certainly shifted their workable hight with a couple additional inches.

Ended up with two young bulls who were trotting the side of the river.
    Not much fat allright, but fresh anyway, great for drying , tounges and the bone marrows are really good

One had some bites down its back legs, with clumps of hair gone and some serious damage to its butt. Musta been a close one!

So my 600RMK had a heart attack , and the engine is a total loss, 'cept the small stuff, and Im mid rebuilding, and Im on junk for the moment,.........what the heck, the internet is s l o w ...........so downloading these vids is out , but at least its not MY computer, seems its all over the borough.....but the pix are working. Maby next time I'll pilot the camera ~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Stranger, your pictures came through OK, looks like a little good luck came your way. Fresh meat is always good. Talk about slow , I just realized that "stranger in a strange land" was a book about a human raised by aliens. Or are you going way back with your name? Just curious. Keep up the good work, Mark

Good for you SS,By the way how deep is the snow and what is the temp?

Its good to hear you are still able to get out and about hope your sled is fixed soon and doesn't give you any more issues this season.

Its there for those that go looking,great day with daughter
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Well its a different day and still yet the same......~~LOL!!~~

Luck with rides is making a BIG Sukking sound again today, and Im just gonna lump it, maby just work on project rifle for the son this weekend.

Stranger in a strange land is actually the title to two books, one about Captured Allied aircraft, Mustanges to B-17's, being piloted in the German secret Luftwaffa Unit, KG 200, and its feats, as well as the one book you mention, Marko, Charles Manson had in his backpack, when captured.......either way, I can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Well its a different day and still yet the same......~~LOL!!~~

Luck with rides is making a BIG Sukking sound again today, and Im just gonna lump it, maby just work on project rifle for the son this weekend.

Stranger in a strange land is actually the title to two books, one about Captured Allied aircraft, Mustanges to B-17's, being piloted in the German secret Luftwaffa Unit, KG 200, and its feats, as well as the one book you mention, Marko, Charles Manson had in his backpack, when captured.......either way, I can relate.
    awsome man, once again i come away grinning from your posts...lol, i'm still smiling about the part mentioning mansons pack...lol. be safe out there, and i wish you less sucking sounds, and more fresh meat...

zack

Thanx , 9foot

I still have a few hundred whitefish stashed and other meats, and some parts too.
    This here Arctic breaks things left and right if its not rusting or binding it.....just gotta be a jack of all trades and know how to barter
    Alaska Snowmachine Salvage is a great help, if I had speed dial, they would be on it ..~~LOL!!~~

Been staying home, needed to anyway. Ive moved to my old house, a bit less crowded, but still sifting out the "Stuffs".
    Took the time to rebuild that engine and use a couple 7.62X54 cases cut as bushings to ride the tube for the pumphandle on a Remington 572 pump action tube fed .22LR I wanna use. Epoxied and wired them in and it slides like glass, so that worked out nice like....nothing like enexpected time on yer hands.
    As well, my son knocked the front sight off his H&K91, so I rebarreled it with the handy bench vice thats mounted in my new front room. Quick and easy, as well I replaced a bent cocking tube that was having the cocking handle drag on, making it hard to pull the bolt/carrier back. Smooooooth now, though I havent sightet it in, its holding together after a magizine burned through.

Now to shoot animals with them

Have tools, and I like to use em...now to get to Kotzebue somehow....Iz gots 10 gallons of propellent ....... Happyness is down that trail ~~LOL!!!~~

Pretty tough life when your tired of workin on stuff and just say poo and go hunting!
    When ya mentioned the ammo use it reminded me of using empty 12 ga hulls for gas can spout covers - they work pretty good by themselves and with a little electrical tape they stick on very well.

Heard on the news that scientist are predicting next couple years of solar flare up being very bad and disrupting electrical equip - may be tough on you chaps out in the bush to communicate??? Hope not as I enjoy your posts!
    Carry on safely SS
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I love seeing your post, keep on keeping on.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/