Thread: Checkride in sight!

Default Checkride in sight!

Well after a long road of starts and stops, I finally have my PP checkride scheduled for this Saturday with Heidi Ruess. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate with me. Has anyone had a checkride with Heidi? Any helpful last minute suggestions? It's still 38 hours away, but I am already feeling sick to my stomach! Nervous is an understatement at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by onebadjudge70 View Post
    Well after a long road of starts and stops, I finally have my PP checkride scheduled for this Saturday with Heidi Ruess. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate with me. Has anyone had a checkride with Heidi? Any helpful last minute suggestions? It's still 38 hours away, but I am already feeling sick to my stomach! Nervous is an understatement at this point.
    A checkride is only designed to establish that you are a "safe" pilot, not that you are an excellent pilot! Do not worry about the ride, but plan to perform any and all maneuvers in a positive manner. The check pilot will do the rest . . . . .

Thumbs up

Every check ride I completed was easy for me because I had been trained to a level above the practical test standards for the certificate or rating I was seeking and I was ready. The examiner or inspector must use a copy of the FAA practcal test standards when dong a checkride and you must meet the minimum standards. Review your copy of the PTS.

Safety first! Make sure your passenger is belted in and doors are latched. Use you checklists! You own the flight...show that you do...The farther you think ahead of the airplane the better prepared you are.

Be ready physically and mentally. Eat a good meal and be hydrated. Even with the best made plans, nature can throw you a curve and no one is immune to an off day. The onset of the flu or a cold or allergies can wreak havock on judgement and concentration. If you are not up for the ride it is your responsibilty to reschedule to a later date.

Remember, the examiner or inspector is required to use the PTS during your evaluation. Review them and be ready for the ride with confidence and you will do well.

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

I just wanna say "Good Luck, we are all counting on you"...

This is required viewing for all pilots..."Roger, Roger"

Movie ...."AIRPLANE"

We'll say a prayer for you. Safe flying and just enjoy.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I have earned my liscence to learn! Alot of nervous energy wasted in the days before the ride! Heidi is a Great DPE and put me at ease from the start. All went well and it feels Great to finally have my ticket in my pocket! Let the learning continue. Thanks for all the well wishes.

CONGRATULATIONS ! Enjoy.

I reckon pilots never stop learning, but the birds have forgotten more about flying than we will ever know.

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

congrats...see you around the pattern

congrats! keep up the learning

If your flight instructor says your ready, your ready. I learned to fly in Kenai and took my check ride in Youngstown Ohio, I know how you feel, I was nervous as all get out. when I was done I thought you have got to be kidding me that was a peice of cake compared to my flight instructor. relax and enjoy the ride. best of luck to you.