Thread: Southwest rentals for boat and camping gear.

Default Southwest rentals for boat and camping gear.

I was looking for information on unguided fishing in southwest and came up empty handed. The idea was to fly into one of the southwest villages and rent some gear and a boat or raft and fish for a week or so. Does anyone have any recommendations on an outfit or air service that is set up for this?

Thanks for any help.
    "Give someone a fish and you will feed them for a day. Show someone how to fish and they will just steal your fishing hole and catch more fish then you. Screw them, let them eat chicken!!"

Goo Vogt of Alaska Wildwater in Anchorage will ship a Sotar raft via NAC anywhere you need it. Rick Grant, Tikchick Airventures in Dillingham, could likely rent you gear. He is a great pilot. Also, Papa Bear out of Bethel is well thought of from what I hear. Tons of options on rivers in that area. If you continue to draw a blank, shoot me a PM.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

You can use Northern Air Cargo or Alaska Air to ship your stuff over there. Depending on your point of origin and destination of course.

Met up this hippie the other day and he reminded me of Dan's Rentals in Dillingham....

http://www.dansrentals.com/Gear%20and%20Rates.html
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.