Thread: Long winter or what?

Default Long winter or what?

Seems like everybody round these parts is all cabin fevered up! EKC too! My 338-06 thread talked about most everything but the 338-06. It turned into a pissing contest and I barked out of turn at the 1st Corinthians dude! Sorry man!

I've learned from all you guys at some time or another and I thanks ya for it!

I just walked past my little reloading room and there's stuff piled high on the bench from Well's Cast Bullets. Sinclair, Graff & Son's, Midway and some big Beartooth bullets that e45colt blessed me with. There are enough bags of empty brass to fill a buschel basket and enough cans of new powder to make it all go bang.

I think I'll jist close the lid on this here computer, go get me a sody pop, go to my little bullet building room, turn to the radio station that's frequented by David Jeremiah & Chuck Swindell and just let them set me straight awhile whilst I load some ammo! I figure I've got enough stuff to keep me busy in that little room for days....if I hurry and I ain't about to hurry!

I'll see you guys in a while after I get an attitudinal adjustment and the stink blows off!

EKC

Yup, yup . . . that time of year I guess! Nothing getís my mood right better that pulling that press arm so see you when you are done with the winter therapy EKC.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Doing beats talking any day in my opinion. Esp' so when the doing is fun like busting a myth or just breaking in a new bullet mold.

Some people just get too pissy and riled up overstuff and take it personal - a real shame. Not good for their blood pressure or state of mind.

When you finish your loading sit back with a nice adult beverage and reflect on what you acomplished and paln to do tomorrow.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I agree a few of us or a lot of us have some serious cabin feever going on. I popped into your thread about your 338-06 and couldn't believe what was going on so I didn't bother adding to the hijack. Hope that boring job works out well for you as I have heard nothing but good things on Jess abilities.

I've been "Maintaining The Cure" at the bench and got "Shooting Weather" today,...... Wahoooooo

Been Scrubbing Copper for a few days, while the wind was Howling,
    (Why did I shoot so many last time out, oh yeah the weather, first day in weeks of less than 40knot wind,
    so 60 rounds, and Oh, the Copper !!")
    Then today, Calm, 36F, out to the range, Ahhhhh So Relaxing, waiting for barrel to cool,
    maintained some restraint, only 33 rounds this time, more than a few single-six "barrel cooling distraction," rounds)

Hey, I found a max today, for the first time today, (bit sticky bolt, definite cratered primers,)
    First, since I started one yr, and 1200rounds ago.... Uh-Oh, gettin' too cocky, eh?

What was I doing up there...??? Oh yeah, RL-17 and the lack of official numbers anywhere, ........
    So, it's all good entertainment, pulling some bullets, and the cleaning was sooo much easier this time.

Glad I missed that thread, don't think I'll check it out,
    "hey, you guys are shooting too heavy a caliber guns,(.338-06 !!) makes your head hurt,
    comes back to ya on the internet keys later,...

Oooops, keep the thread cool,....Sorry

Now, back to work
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

What I am pondering is it the weather, the lack of pulling a trigger, or just being that tight with the little woman that drives us mad???Hmmmm
    Had a nice chat with ya EKC last night - thanks for the great show of friendship and support!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

EKC:

I didn't mean to turn your thead into a rumble.

Pretty much all we know about each other is the impression we give with the posts we make, but I like most of these guys too. I don't feel good about fussin with any of them.

I should have your personality and attitude.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

The only thing I ever envied the folks that live in warm parts of America for was the almost year around shooting weather they have. If I could have shot more all these years I might of become a real pistol shooter like that Hickock or McGivern fella, probably not though. I handle some guns almost every day and am looking forward to some warmer weather and some trigger time.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    The only thing I ever envied the folks that live in warm parts of America for was the almost year around shooting weather they have. If I could have shot more all these years I might of become a real pistol shooter like that Hickock or McGivern fella, probably not though. I handle some guns almost every day and am looking forward to some warmer weather and some trigger time.
    Hey 338, I am bettin if ya added up all the real quality days to shoot we would be pretty equal - your summers are more forgiving where it gets so hot and sticky here in IL that I will loose interest fast - especially rifles that heat up like crazy! We do get 2 pretty well spaced seasons though where yours might be less separated....I've competed in sporting clays where I literally thought I may pass out - miserable heat...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Art,

That has to be one of most tactful posts you've ever made, I didn't know you had it in you