Thread: Indoor Ranges in Fairbanks area?

Default Indoor Ranges in Fairbanks area?

UGH. With King's Nock (Precision Archery) out of commission right now, I don't know where else to go shoot. Does anybody know of an indoor archery range open to the public around Fairbanks? I just got my bow on Saturday and sighted it in. I am itching to shoot it so that I can have it tuned again soon. It's been WAY to cold here to shoot outside. Any ideas on where to go

Out of commission? Did they go under? Moving?

the only place i know of is eielson and you would need to be with a sponsor, its warm out right now and suppose to get warmer this week so i would just shoot in my back yard. i know kings nock made a good reputation of crappy customer service with me and everyone i know that went there ,they had it in the paper as a moving sale but they really went out of business i bought my z7extreme from them and they never sent in my warranty info im glad i checked about it with mathews and got it fixed, the one native staff shooter they had was a good guy but he is all they had going for them in my book

Golden North Archery Association shoots at Ryan middle school Wednesday night (traditional equipment) and Friday night (any kind of equipment). The membership fee is only $35 per year (family membership) plus $5 each night you go to shoot. The group of folks shooting over there are a great bunch.

There will be a new shop opening up in Fairbanks soon. The Guy that bought out Kinks Nock is working on a new location for new por shop and range called Precision Archery. Probably only going to have 20yds but there will be a shop, bows, arrows, accessories, and knowledgeable service. The exact date for an open range isn't known yet but he wants to shoot just as bad as the rest of us, so soon. When he finds out the date I will post something up here about it and I am sure he will put something in the paper about it.

Does anyone have contact infor for Golden North Archery Association? Also, how many yards do they shoot at Ryan? Any info is appreciated.

The email address for the person who emails out club information is: Imwood@alaska.net They shoot at 18 meters (about 20 yds). They do have a couple of target butts on wheels they pull closer to the line for kids or anyone who wants to shoot closer to a target.

Thanks for the information.