Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middle kenai holes and RM

Default Middle kenai holes and RM

Does anybody know what river mile on the middle kenai Rainbow Alley and Super hole is located?

Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    Does anybody know what river mile on the middle kenai Rainbow Alley and Super hole is located?
    Follow the winter crowd
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

Somewhere between skilak lake and the killey river... Seriously just go and fish what looks good...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Typical response from the all mighty fishing God himself......
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Typical response from the all mighty fishing God himself......
    Actually I hadn't posted yet Raptor...I haven't posted mainly because I don't have the coordinates Qkayak is looking for. I can't understand why somebody would post a response unless they did. Well unless they have shortcomings in a phallic capacity of course

Sent you a PM Quen.

Got your message Dave and thanks.

In general I know where the holes are. I was looking to see what the opinions were out there.

Kenai Keyes is about RM 44, Super hole about RM 47, Outlet of Skilak RM 50 approximately

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Sent you a PM Quen.
    Typical tight lipped fishing secrets! So qkayak, what river mile is it?

In the interest of sharing information; you can do some research on the Alaska fish and game website and find the Kenai reg. The regs will show the map for Kenai Kenai River with some hole names.

Hard to tell what river mile you at while actually on the Kenai. Super Hole is located on the left hand side of the Kenai (going upstream) at the end of the steep bank and just above the Swan Sign. Rainbow Alley is farther upstream and is located just below the inlet of Upper Olson Creek. You can find it by heading upstream past the swan sign mentioned above and when the river goes on a long straight stretch here and right at the end of this is the Alley. If you go past the top of the hole and you are in the middle of the river you will hit bottom as there are a bunch of gravel dunes between here and the actually Dunes Hole". The Dunes are visible from the Alley.

Always though Skilak was about 52 miles from the mouth. Rough guess would put Rainbow Alley at about river mile 50 and Super Hole at about river mile 48.5

Do we really need GPS coordinates to good water? REALLY?? How bout, looking at the river and deciding what's good water for yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Do we really need GPS coordinates to good water? REALLY?? How bout, looking at the river and deciding what's good water for yourself...
    You're the only one talking GPS coordinates, munkey. Everyone else is just talking about some features on the river in general terms.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Actually I hadn't posted yet Raptor...I haven't posted mainly because I don't have the coordinates Qkayak is looking for. I can't understand why somebody would post a response unless they did. Well unless they have shortcomings in a phallic capacity of course
    Wow. Below the belt. I admit to my phallic shortcomings. It is short and I am secure in admitting that heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    Hard to tell what river mile you at while actually on the Kenai. Super Hole is located on the left hand side of the Kenai (going upstream) at the end of the steep bank and just above the Swan Sign. Rainbow Alley is farther upstream and is located just below the inlet of Upper Olson Creek. You can find it by heading upstream past the swan sign mentioned above and when the river goes on a long straight stretch here and right at the end of this is the Alley. If you go past the top of the hole and you are in the middle of the river you will hit bottom as there are a bunch of gravel dunes between here and the actually Dunes Hole". The Dunes are visible from the Alley.

Always though Skilak was about 52 miles from the mouth. Rough guess would put Rainbow Alley at about river mile 50 and Super Hole at about river mile 48.5
    Good Post Steve. I've hit those gravel bars a few times drifting with the motor in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    PM. Maybe you could show up this fall and teach a few of us how to read water....?

PM. Maybe you could show up this fall and teach a few of us how to read water....?
    Don't count on it. He'll just tell you to go find out for yourself. That's his standard answer.

Give me a break PM. I didn't let out the secret to anything. I was simply trying to be helpful to someone that asked a question. Both the holes mentioned fish differently every month from June - November. I couldn't describe where anyone should be fishing these spots as it all depends on timing, water flow, and what the target species is. The same could be said of the rest of the Kenai as well.

I cant believe people think this **** is still a secret! Fish Alaska does enough Secret Telling, whats it if anybody on this forum tries to help another member get into fish? I dont think anything has been done wrong on this forum other than AKPM's elitest/ rude comments. Do you think you are the only one that can read a river AKPM? Cause your not!

um sure, that sounds fun... I'm happy to teach people the tools they need to get into fish but if you want directions to where to cast you best pay me or my friends. Its like teaching math, telling someone the answer to a calculus problem tells them nothing, teaching them the process of figuring it out on their own is way better.

I don't tell people the rocks I like to stand on... Thats not elitist that's being smart. Its like me asking if I can sleep with your wife, but its ok because everybody else does, you probably wouldn't be cool with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast