Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LightForce Lights

Default LightForce Lights

I am considering mounting a pair of the 9 1/2" LightForce Blitz lights to the radar arch on the boat, does anyone have any opinions on these? Have they held up well in saltwater use? Also looking at the colored lense covers that are available for these lights, has anyone noticed a difference using the blue or yellow lense covers in the fog or rain?

Lights mounted on the radar mount do not work very well. You would be better off getting the hand held spot light or have bow lights installed. When it rains and is this dark out the radar mounted lights will make it to where you can not see out the front window because of the reflection.

I took the Light Forces off my boat. Everytime I turned them on everything dimmed, they suck the power.
    If you are lookinig for bright lights O'riellys (used to be Schucks) sells a HID off Road light (sold each for 130 or so) They do not pull near the power, they Have held up well on my friends offroad Tacoma (and they do spend quite a bit submerged)
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0393&ppt=C0335
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

or go with the lightforce HID's they are the ultimate and dont draw much power.
    Semper Fi!

I have two inexpensive lights mounted on my radar mast, they are basic from West Marine. In the yard they can burn a path through the neighborhood, making car lights look like match sticks! In the dark on the water they light up the boat like the sun, but good luck actually navigating on open water, they need to hit the shore to really work. Many lights on the market today are called "docking lights" for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    I have two inexpensive lights mounted on my radar mast, they are basic from West Marine. In the yard they can burn a path through the neighborhood, making car lights look like match sticks! In the dark on the water they light up the boat like the sun, but good luck actually navigating on open water, they need to hit the shore to really work. Many lights on the market today are called "docking lights" for a reason.
    I remember the time you were behind me in the fog going out to Surprise Cove and your lights sure made it easy to see you.

I put a LED light bar on my jet boat. Is is the brighest I have had. It uses a fraction of the power HID lights do. Only downside was the $1200.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

I hardwire in two of these lights on the front of my cabin below the windshield. The remotes sit up on the dash so I can change intensity and pan them around. I'm very happy with them. When you turn them on the spot light mode they are definitely bright but can be dialled down to more like car headlights. I like the versatility.

I got them through Overton's boating catalog.
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...E&merchID=4006

Are boat altenators so low powered that 17 amps of lights will make everything dim? I only have experience with LightForces on my semi-trucks and my personal vehicles and have never had an issue with them drawing too much power. I was a bit scepticle of their plastic construction 5 years ago, but using them on several vehicles has proven them to me.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thanks for the response guys, I am mainly looking for something to spot deadheads and the like with while running at dusk and dawn. We like to leave Seward late Friday night and run over to Thumb Cove for the night before heading out to fish for the weekend. Any suggestions on where to mount lights on the boat, bow rail maybe. I was hoping to mount them on the radar arch, but I really don't want to the flood the helm with a bunch of light.

The large ones you are talking about (240's) use 100 watt bulbs, so 200w total is all. If "everything is dimming" with a 200w draw you either have a small outboard or inadequate cabling.

200 watts divded by 12 volts is more than 16 amps. Depending on the house battery setup, it could cause dimming.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

these hands down best lights you get http://www.visionxusa.com/index.html
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Lightforce makes a system specifically for marine use, however they are handheld. You definitely will want to mount the lights as far forward on your vessel as possible, otherwise your visibility will be drastically reduced due to to glare. A more typical setup would be a remote controlled spotlight, such as golight either wired or wireless. There are numerous brands available from marine outfitters, some are fairly affordable and are designed for marine applications.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    these hands down best lights you get http://www.visionxusa.com/index.html

those are a fad, and are far from perfected. if your a hipster doofus get them or just throw your money out the window. lightforce is proven!
    Semper Fi!

Only the military, firefighters and police have been using VisionX. I just it takes more than that to "prove" them.

Where is the best place in AK to buy Lightforce? I would go with VisionX but I can not afford them. I am looking for LF Blitz's.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

I got a good deal on my lightforce lights at last years sportsman's show. Trailercraft had a good deal going for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dude View Post
    I got a good deal on my lightforce lights at last years sportsman's show. Trailercraft had a good deal going for the show.

whens the sportsmans show?
    Semper Fi!

really guys that running the hall road are really like them. Best place to buy lightforce is trailer craft. Or you can get IPF lights. I used to love lightforce but not no more. they are junk for what you pay for them. Now most trucker are useing Eagle eye lights. they are projected lights flipping bright.

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    Only the military, firefighters and police have been using VisionX. I just it takes more than that to "prove" them.

Where is the best place in AK to buy Lightforce? I would go with VisionX but I can not afford them. I am looking for LF Blitz's.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    really guys that running the hall road are really like them. Best place to buy lightforce is trailer craft. Or you can get IPF lights. I used to love lightforce but not no more. they are junk for what you pay for them. Now most trucker are useing Eagle eye lights. they are projected lights flipping bright.

boy where you get them ipf lights? and how much do they cost?
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast