Thread: hunter hating lead free bullets

Default hunter hating lead free bullets

like it or not, we change with the times. recently i have noted a large amount of print devoted to lead free bullets, such as the famous barnes and nosler. without question they are excellent by any judging standard as to accuracy, penetration, and weight retention. in california (and perhaps other states ) they are the required standard, not for their lethal balistics but to save the condors. or the redwoods. or whales.

if this wasn't a backdoor method to further control sport and target shooting, it would be laughable. however, this policy is being considered by MANY states based on more junk science. we as informed shooters must resist further encroachments to our shooting sports, because a bullet mandate is just another blow to an already shakey industry.

these seemingly unimportant bills created by gun hating polititions stop or deter shooter-hunters from their sport.

everyone knows the conservations model ( as practiced in the U.S. ) is science-based and successful. shooter-hunters continue to finance most real conservation in this country. it would be unwise to depart from that proven method and allow anti gun hsus,peta and lord know's who to decide what is law.

imo
    happy trails.
    jh

The older I get the more confusing life gets. Eat this food its good for you - oops 10 years later its bad - oops now is good, loose weight ooops not too fast - oops now do it fast as long term dieting is bad for you, good grief! Politicians seem to sell out to the wrong crowd way to easily - seems everybody we look up to in life ends up making headlines for some scandal - drugs, thefts, sex.
    I think the friends I have made over the years that live remote and removed from all the BS just accept life, live each day to its fullest and wave off all the stress society seems to love to heap on everyone...
    Good point Pinehavensredrocket, seems like we try to always fix what may not be broken...Its OK to let millions of illegals cross our borders and destroy the environment with trash but oooo don't shoot a lead bullet its very destructive????
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Very well put Pinehavensredrocket and Smokey. The lead free bullets are very good I guess but are much more expensive to shoot. I bet not many folks could afford to go to the range and shoot a couple hundred rounds of these premium bullets. I am of the opinion that is the meat behind the lead free bullet bans, to reduce shooting or eliminate much of it by making it exorbitantly expensive for the common man. While the lead free bullets are good and perform well, there is still nothing wrong with our tried and true cup & core leaded varieties that have been killing game large and small for many moons.

As we sportsman and shooting enthusiests are the main providers of funds for conservation, we must stand together and let our voices and dollars we spend be heard by the polititions. Furums like this I believe further that cause connecting people from around the nation.
    Location, Alaska, but formerly from Southern Illinois.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

pinehavensredrocket:

I agree completely.

When lead is banned, look what it will do to cast bullet shooting. Muzzleloading, BPCR, SASS.

I don't think there was an valid reason for banning lead shot for waterfowl, but it happened.

I don't use non-lead bullets, promote non-lead bullets, I object to idea that we must embrase them because lead will eventually be banned.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

it is kinda funny.....look at lead shot shells, $6-$11 a box....steel shot is freakin $15-25 a box.....the hell with that we're gettin screwed....

do you think the bush dwellers are shooting lead free shot only? id seriously doubt it.

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    it is kinda funny.....look at lead shot shells, $6-$11 a box....steel shot is freakin $15-25 a box.....the hell with that we're gettin screwed....

do you think the bush dwellers are shooting lead free shot only? id seriously doubt it.
    Can't speak for everyone, but I've not seen anything but non-toxic shot for waterfowl here in DLG.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

The steel shot for waterfowl has improved dramatically from inception, however I cringe when I think how many birds must have flown off to die wounded when guys first starting using it....
    When you look at the tungsten and heavy shot you better have a hefty wallet...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Time to stock up on lead and reloading supplies, the do-gooders are on the rampage again.

I saw on the news tonight that the science in the public interest folks want to have the government take caramel coloring out of cola because a whole crap load of it induced cancer in rats. They never know where to stop, and our friends down in Kalifornia are eating it up with relish... and of course, trying to set the trend for the rest of us.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

The Kalifornia types are a problem, but I think the real problem is that it's easier to go along with the flow, than to fight it. A LOT easier.

It's that way with most of these wacko issues.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.