Thread: Noveske a big scam?

Default Noveske a big scam?

I am in the market to buy a custom ar-15. Looking at noveske I saw that they are using all parts from other manufacturers and the only thing that is original that they make is the barrels. Can anybody help me to understand why I would pay $1000 more for a barrel other than to brag that I have a high end ar.

NOPE - but at least they appear to be telling you what you are getting!

Quote Originally Posted by herbsncheese View Post
    I am in the market to buy a custom ar-15. Looking at noveske I saw that they are using all parts from other manufacturers and the only thing that is original that they make is the barrels. Can anybody help me to understand why I would pay $1000 more for a barrel other than to brag that I have a high end ar.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Buy $50 bucks worth of tools and put it together yourself, you'll get exactly what you want and save money, I've done several.

They do not make their barrels either Pacnor does from what I recall.

Most AR brands are a composition of parts from other manufacturers.

Get a Colt 6920.

Noveskes shoot extremely well. That being said, my first choice in the AR platform would be a Colt

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I recall they are LW barrels...

It really all depends on what you're going to use it for...

If you want a high quality upper, or even a complete build, I'd look no further than Bravo Company USA.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I recall they are LW barrels...

It really all depends on what you're going to use it for...
    No they use Adam and Bennet barrels from midway... Man you guys got hosed paying top dollar for an upper... that is only worth 200 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    No they use Adam and Bennet barrels from midway... Man you guys got hosed paying top dollar for an upper... that is only worth 200 bucks.
    At least I didn't buy an Arctic Cat...

Huh whats that got to do with the price of tea in China, exactly nothing! You need to work on your comebacks cause that one was well pathetic. Example: "that bushmaster you have the barrels are made in mexico from salvaged pop cans".

Yawn you bore me with such talk anyhow

The barrels and reputation are based on what is called a recce barrel which is a heavy 249 machine gun barrel contoured to fit on an AR-15 set up. I was going to buy one but found out about white oak instead.

Several different outfits can set you up for this for less.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

there is good reason why a high % of "operators" engaging the enemy as we speak are shooting Noveske guns .... talk, talk, talk all you wish but if you will find yourself in a firefight to save yourself or loved ones you would be wise to RETHINK "Noveske" - I take strong exception to the word "scam" in association with John's product OR workmanship as both are impeccable as is his INTEGRITY - "WE" spent alot of satellite phone time talking with John with GOOD REASON and he ALWAYS CAME THROUGH FOR US - the mere fact that one of "his" AR's will NEVER, EVER jam gets the converstation on the proper track .... and when you can show an AR whose barrel will last even a fraction of rounds as a Noveske let me know would you please ?

back country I wasn't knocking Noveske or any of Johns products I am in fact a big fan and own one Noveske built AR. If I could afford more and had a reason to own more I would. Noveske rifles are built to perform and that they do!

John's ability to see through the haze and figure things out is amazing - Before he got "taken over" by tactical pursuits he (IMHO) was the best barrel man on the west coast but now there is no time for us "hunters" , defenders of our freedom and law enforcement take the front of the line (and they should) - Thank you for the response

back country I wasn't knocking Noveske or any of Johns products I am in fact a big fan and own one Noveske built AR. If I could afford more and had a reason to own more I would. Noveske rifles are built to perform and that they do!
    well heck when you are on a 1st name basis with the owner you think he cut you a deal lol... Funny alot of guys swear by LMT as well... Since I'm NO "operator" and no one here in Alaska is trying to shoot back at me I will be happily content with my bushmaster...