Thread: Websites for Jobs in AK???

Default Websites for Jobs in AK???

As I have already posted in several threads, I am looking to move from TN to AK but before doing so, I would like to have secured employment. I have tried the normal job sites like Monster, HotJobs and LinkedIn but they dont seem to have much to offer in my particular areas of expertise and/or the areas I am looking to move to. I have tried to register on the "ALEXsys - The Alaska Labor Exchange" but it tells me that because I do not have an AK address, I can not sign up. is there any way around this or some other way to get to this information?

Likewise, what are some other sites that would be helpful in locating employment in AK? Please post links if possible.

Thanks in Advance!

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Craigslist also has a help wanted section.

I'd also try the State of Alaska job site. (It's for jobs through out the state, not just State jobs)

Here is the website for State of Alaska jobs: http://notes4.state.ak.us/wa/mainent...HomePage/?Open This is Workplace Alaska.

You could also go to: http://www.jobs.state.ak.us/ . It might just get you the same available jobs as the above link, but not sure.

Good luck.

ya craigslist is the best job listing around!
    Semper Fi!

Thanks for the info folks! Please keep them coming!

Are you looking for a job or a career? What do you do? For me I go direct to hospital websites as well as the manufactures for equipment that I am certified to repair along with third party imaging maintenance companies. Hot jobs, monster.com and other job search engines all do pretty well for finding careers. Generally there they are lower level blue collar jobs, if you just need a quick start to get some money rolling in while you search for a better gig then craigslist is hard to beat. Depending on your specialty a headhunter may not be a bad idea also.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Are you looking for a job or a career? What do you do? For me I go direct to hospital websites as well as the manufactures for equipment that I am certified to repair along with third party imaging maintenance companies. Hot jobs, monster.com and other job search engines all do pretty well for finding careers. Generally there they are lower level blue collar jobs, if you just need a quick start to get some money rolling in while you search for a better gig then craigslist is hard to beat. Depending on your specialty a headhunter may not be a bad idea also.
    I am looking to move my family up so a career would be good. However, I am a realist and know that may not be possible straight out of the gate so I am not opposed to a job to get things started. I am a licensed insurance agent with 12 years of experience in Sales, Service, Audit, Business Analytics and Project Management with the largest agency/brokerage in the Continental U.S. I currently manage a team of 15 Client Service Representatives and a team of 7 Auditors. I am looking for similar work in the Insurance or Information Technology fields. I would prefer to be located near Soldotna but would seriously consider positions in other locations.

Thanks a lot for sharing these websites I was looking for this