Thread: Anyone own a CZ-527

Default Anyone own a CZ-527

Looking for first hand info on ownership of CZ-527 (single set triggers make me happy)

I do have a CZ-527 in .22 Hornet. The single set trigger is well made, but took a little getting used to.
    Top flight metal work. The magazine takes all factory loads, but some aftermarket bullets are not practical
    to load due to length issues. Soots great, and I suppose we don't need to make it a .220 swift.
    I use a Leupold 2-7 Rimfire scope on mine. It does all I need and the size matches the rifle.
    I love the rifle, and the calliber.
    Bryan

Thank you, I just loath extended magazines, I wish the offered a three round magazine that was flush. I am thinking about the 7.62X39 cartridge.

How does that trigger work? Do you push it forward to set it? Can you pull the trigger without setting it? And if so, whats the trigger pull weight difference between unset and set.

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    How does that trigger work? Do you push it forward to set it? Can you pull the trigger without setting it? And if so, whats the trigger pull weight difference between unset and set.
    Both, exactly what you said, and fully adjustable for weight of pull.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Looking for first hand info on ownership of CZ-527 (single set triggers make me happy)
    My old shooting buddy has owned tons of guns in his day of all makes. He is the rifleman of riflemen and he will boldly tell you that the best rifle he has ever owned is his CZ-527 22 Hornet. He may very well be the first to ever shoot the rifling out of a Hornet. I pick up his reloading supplies when I'm making a run of my own. I know he went through 5,000 bullets last summer alone and is needing more.

He is also probably the only person in the retirement home to ever have a handy cap accessible reloading bench and I rigged him up a handicap accessible shooting bench on his very own private shooting range on my hunting lease. Yup all the shooting probably runs some of the critters off but it's all he has and there isn't a doubt that it is whats keeping him going! Might be there one day myself!

Wow, I think I am falling in love. My original thought was that it would be a light weight (5.9#) short (38" OAL) walk'about firearm. I started with the assumption that the 7.62X39 would be the most goooder for thing that nibble on me. However I am now leaning toward choosing the .223 as I have thousands of rounds of ammo. Thanks for the feed-back.

Take her home AGL, she looks lonely!

btw. how low can you get that pull down to?

btw. how low can you get that pull down to?
    I don't know. I have my other CZ set triggers at 2# set and 3# not set. Which is as light as I want it. I just loath mushy, creepy, and heavy triggers. I rarely use the set, but I like having it if needed.

Tailwind, is that your CZ-527.......??? What cartridge.......?

Boy, after reading this thread, I sure wish that sexy batch was mine.
    How much is retail on the hornet?

Boy, after reading this thread, I sure wish that sexy batch was mine.
    How much is retail on the hornet?
    Retail is $699.00 (Ken at Wild West has a good source, and a fair price. If you want to see something too sexy for words, look at this sweetheart. http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-fs/

I have a 527 in a 204 ruger that I really enjoy shooting. The set trigger is one of my favorite features on the rifle. I like the rifle so much that I just ordered a HS Precision stock for it.

OK, OK, OK I am a mortal, I can't take it anymore. Tomorrow I'll order the CZ-527 FS in .223 Remington. I think I'll get the conversion parts to make it a M-1 which takes a 3 round magazine. I loath extended magazines. http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-fs/

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I had the cz carbine chambered for 7.62x39. I really liked the open sights, the short barrel and the lightweight. Sometimes I wish I had kept it as a predatory rifle, but the cartridge really isn't nescasary or very useful, so I got rid of it. I only got $250 trade-in for it, wish you had inquired about it then, would have given it to yah for $350