Thread: Super Redhawk prices

Default Super Redhawk prices

Maybe this should be on the Swap & Sell, but I was wondering if anyone had seen what used 454 cal. Redhawks were selling for. I checked out GunsAmerica and the few I saw weren't any cheaper than what I've seen new one's selling for around here. Any idea if prices would be better or worse later in the season? Maybe it seems petty, but $100.00 saved here and there does make a big difference for us...of course the thing I really want to hear is that the best time to buy it is right now!...thanks....Louis

Just to add a postscript: I went ahead and bought the Super Redhawk today. I first went to a large store here in Fairbanks where I'd seen the gun a couple days ago for a low price. They no longer had one and the guy at the counter didn't know when they'd get another in stock and really didn't seem to want to be bothered at all.

I then went to Frontier Outfitters. The young man at the gun counter was very helpful, friendly and knowlegable and stayed past his quitting time to finish the deal. This is a large purchase on my budget and it's nice to be treated accordingly!......Louis

Default What price?

I don't know what they go for in Alaska. I bought mine here in Minnesoa (used) for about $425.00
    A good deal is where you find them and I think finding one substancially lower than market value is little more than a fluke. You gotta be there at the right time and not hesitate. The area you live in does make a difference.
    Here in Minnesota I have found that the best rifle deals are usually around the first of the year. Deer season is over and X-mas presents need to be bought.
    Big caliber handguns here are often found used with very few rounds through them. People buy them and just don't want to deal with the recoil and expense of feeding it. The best thing about that is you get a virtually new gun at a savings.
    I think I got a good deal on mine. I'm very happy with its performance. We'll see if I like it as much when I'm shooting more than just paper!

reuben...

Default Super Redhawk Prices

I am glad to see you considering the Ruger Super Redhawk. I bought a new "hard to find" out of the box Super Redhawk 454 Alaskan for $650.
    I love it.

I also have had the same experiences with the big store(s).
    But what does one expect for minimum wage?

It took the better part of 18 months to get my Alaskan after I ordered it. So Ruger wasn't making this handgun as available as they could have.

At gun stores down here in Missouri, used Redhawks run from $350 to $600. Depending on caliber and trim.

I'd get to know the guy behind the counter at the local gun shop, and tell him to let you know if a trade in comes in. You will find one, reasonably priced, if you are willing to wait.

Good Hunting,

KatzMO

"I'd get to know the guy behind the counter at the local gun shop, and tell him to let you know if a trade in comes in. You will find one, reasonably priced, if you are willing to wait."

This is a very good idea, I have gotten to know the people that run most of the pawn shops in my area for just that reason, they know what I might be interested in and call me when something comes in before they put it on the for sale rack.

Doug