Thread: Hamilton 212 cruise rpm,s

Red face Hamilton 212 cruise rpm,s

Can someone tell me approx Rpm's there showing at cruise especially with a 351w and Hamilton 212 also how often do you pump the grease and amount at the bearing. Thanks for any help

I over grease mine I give it 7 for cause thats what Jesus would do but actually 2-3 pumps is good. At cruise you should be running 3200-3400. What can you turn it up to?

Yeah, 3200 - 3800 is where we run depending on the load. That is with a 454 though.

Me too 3200-3800, after that the 4barrels kick in,about 4250, WOT.. This is with MP 350, carb..... What, gpaul said..Just depends on what you have in the boat, Load.. and how fast you, want to get there. How clean the impellers are, how much gas you want to burn, so forth,
    The bearing takes very little, 2-3 pumps 10-20 hr,s Sealed unit, People tend to love them to death and blow out the gaskets, Not like the old 2-3 stages.. they had a weap hole to let the excess out.

Another thing that will change the RPM thing is what impeller you have in your 212. I have the 3.4 that has been reworked and run 3000 to 3400 at cruise and that will produce any where from 30mph to 38mph depending on conditions. This is all being pushed by a Marine Power 383 stroker. It is very easy to over grease the pump bearing, so be careful.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

All right thanks for the info seems ok I have been running around 3400 but was not sure what the pump can handle as far as Rpm's at a steady cruise but it sounds like even if a guy went to 4000 theres no problem. As far as the grease I better back-off some guilty as charged but lucky so far.

Good info all around. I think my recommendations said 2 pumps every 30 hours. It is hard not to give it a little extra...and then a little more.