Thread: Which Capilene base layer?

Default Which Capilene base layer?

I've decided to buy Capilene as my baselayer for a September bou hunt. Which weight would you get? Thanks.

Default Capilene 3

I have used cap 2 and really like the stuff. This year I got a cap 3, 1/2 zip shirt, and really like it. When backpacking for sheep etc I find myself wearing nothing but the cap 3 shirt to prevent over heating and perspiring. If wet with sweat, a few minutes standing around in a light breeze and I am dry again. Great stuff. I really like the 1/2 zip so I can cool down or zip it all the way up for more kneck coverage. I would get cap 3.

I can't remember if I use cap 1 or cap 2 bottoms but there kind of silky and I love them. I wear them daily for 6 months up here in Fairbanks.

Enjoy your bou hunt.

To save yourself a few bucks give the Patagonia Outlet in Dillon MT. a call they do mail order and most items are 30% off the catalog price.
    I have used expedition weight capilene for over 20 years and its still the best stuff going. I used it pretty much all year long, on the boat, fishing, hunting & snowmachineing. Its bombproof.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default Contact info??

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    To save yourself a few bucks give the Patagonia Outlet in Dillon MT. a call they do mail order and most items are 30% off the catalog price.
    I have used expedition weight capilene for over 20 years and its still the best stuff going. I used it pretty much all year long, on the boat, fishing, hunting & snowmachineing. Its bombproof.
    potbuilder - you got a contact for those folks? 30% off is a good deal for Patagonia!

Remember the dillon outlet is the only one that does mailorders. Here's the number
    406-683-2580

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Yes I agree, Patagonia very comfortable...thats what i use...K

that is the first time i have seen patagonia cheap. that stuff is price fixed and expensive. i have and would recomend the light weight, if you are going to be active. if you are buying 2 sets, then i would get the second set in mid weight.

stay dry.

The patagonia stretch fleece is AWESOME. I have a couple pairs. Wearing them is like hunting in your PJs. Super comfortable and warm. Two thumbs up....

The patagonia stretch fleece is AWESOME. I have a couple pairs. Wearing them is like hunting in your PJs. Super comfortable and warm. Every now and again, Patagonia will have this stuff on clearance. Should be about this tie of the year. Thats when I usually buy mine. I think I got them at 40-50 % off the regular price. Two thumbs up....